20i Reseller Hosting

Corona please read very important

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dougs, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Nigel United Kingdom

Nigel Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

I assume Sky have checked out the story first and the identity of the sources. There is even a photo of the 21 year old woman. What's the point of faking a story like that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. webber

webber Active Member

Never assume...
    Similarly, what is the point of faking a story about dolphins or anything else?
    A Merkel: "I ask you not to believe rumours, but only the official communications"

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. Richard K

Richard K Active Member Exclusive Member

When you were asked to back up your own ‘arguments’, you replied “I’m not a dancing bear”.

Same principle applies here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

You've couldn't have posted a more conspiracy ridden blog post from a fellow conspiracy theorist, if you tried.. Classic pulling of sections that meet their conspiracy theory while ignoring the picture as a whole.

From reading the summary part of the FDA link it actually also states "Negative results do not preclude 2019-nCoV infection" - Which means it can be wrong about someone not having it also (correct me if I'm wrong). So that in theory also means MORE people may have it than we think.

Now does that mean results may be inaccurate, yes and it doesn't say what % that may be which isn't ideal. However, posting blog posts like that is again as with other things you've posted on here is extremely misleading, dishonest and dangerous.

The comments on the original blog post are just ridden with conspiracy theorists lapping it up too. The comments are the scariest part about it all. It does make me concerned about peoples mental health.

One of the comments is "COVID-19 is a giant global psy-ops and scam by our Overlords for their agenda of One World government, currency, military, and religion" - Like... what? That's the sort of reader that reads the blog posts you do.

6. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

BREWSTERS Well-Known Member

The point of that post was to show that the PCR test is only capable of detecting a virus...it doesn't show whether that virus is at a level that can cause a problem (and not because of the false-positives or false-negatives which as you point out, possibly cancel each other out. Also, not trying to mislead as I posted a link.)

It was in conversation with those on here who seem to think that if a person who is diagnosed with CV and then dies, must've died from the CV and not their possibly long-held and severe underlying illness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Active Member

Aren't we about to see the truth through Sweden, those people are going for it, no lock down. If their is little differences in their stats then guess we will know.

8. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

28 deaths today in England today (and 5 in Wales, 6 in Scotland and 2 more in Northern Ireland). A surprisingly low number if accurate, so we'll have to see what tomorrow's numbers hold. I guess there's a fine line between bringing in a lockdown too early, and leaving it too late.

Attached: By country comparison

[​IMG]

9. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Active Member

Something isn't right, numbers all over the place. If tomorrow's numbers are low, someone needs to start asking some questions. We need scientists in the lobby asking the PM questions. How many times do with need dumbo's from the BBC and SKY News asking the same dippy questions about vouchers. Let's get some opposing experts in there. Also, I'm sure the CSO and CMO are sick of the journo's asking the same stupid questions over and over.

10. BG United Kingdom

BG Well-Known Member Full Member

I heard whilst Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid-19.. Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer 14.

Crazy times..

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

With reference to the figures for coronavirus deaths, they were issued with the following qualification: "Please note these figures do not cover a full 24 hour period."

That qualification is new i.e. it didn't appear in previous days.

In other words, we can't draw any conclusions at all from the new numbers, especially since the Government hasn't provided any details of how long a period was covered.

Here's their original tweet...
    https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1242950122981470208

12. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

The qualification isn't part of any new conspiracy! I think we've enough of those on the thread already :)

The tweet from the 24th stated:

"As of 1pm, 422 patients who tested positive for coronavirus have sadly died."

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1242479152420225025

The latest figures therefore cover 1pm to 9am (one reason they are lower than would be the case if it was a full 24 hours). That's why the tweet yesterday had the "new" qualification.

The official full announcements are here and better than going by tweets:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#number-of-cases

13. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Out of curiosity, why do people care about the number of deaths as a value? What relevance does that hold overall when you don't know how many people have had the virus in those 24 hours?

Even if death rates doubled in 24 hours, it could technically be a declining death rate, if the amount of people infected had risen 50x in that same 24 hours?

14. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

I think you've answered your own question. Deaths are the only known variable.

15. Edwin

A) Because a lot of people seem to be using the death rate as a metric to measure whether social distancing and lockdown measures are working or not. I think that's a very simplistic approach, but the number of people complaining about being in lockdown on social media when "only" 28 people died in England yesterday was astronomical.

B) That's an incorrect assumption, because the coronavirus doesn't kill instantly. Takes days or weeks. So if the amount of people rose 50x (how?) that wouldn't show up in the death rate for a while.

16. Edwin

And here's a video clip about the other issue I mentioned, about the way the figures are being compiled having changed...
    https://twitter.com/SaveTheNHS4U/status/1242961446520213506

For some reason that baffles me completely because they are anonymised aggregate figures, apparently the Department of Health now needs to seek the consent of families to include deaths in the total.

17. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Has there been any official word that this is true? At present, it seems it's only a journalist that has said this is happening.

Edit: I ask because people in the replies don't seem to know where he got that information from.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  18. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

Guys, I don't think the rest of us want character assassinations of people, based on social media accounts we don't read and are not interested in. In private, we take people how we find them. I've always found Edwin principled, decent and trustworthy. I'm not interested in his political views outside this forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I don't see the point in checking daily

Incubation period I've read can be 2-8 days some places, 2-14 others

Then it can take what probably one maybe 2 weeks to be hospitalised? anywhere up to 3-4 weeks to pass away

I think the average timeline from catching it to death is four weeks

Then we have to take into account when there's rumours of a lockdown people spread out, apparently that was the case in Northern Italy and I'm sure when rumours of London going on lockdown happened many people left which will have an impact on spreading it

So all in all, at least 3 weeks probably 4 is the time to start looking what a lockdown has been able to achieve

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Profiting from a worldwide pandemic and profiting from selling generic domain names I don't think are particularly comparable :p

Not that personally I have a problem with people making the right moves atm, they're just betting on the right thing, what were they suppose to do? see the right move, not make it and lose instead

21. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member