Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Corona please read very important

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 is bloody difficult but on reflection it's the only way to handle it - no amount of evidence or reason will work

BTW, don't know how many people are following the bigger picture stuff, but unemployment in the USA rose by close to 10 million people in the last two weeks, and is projected to pass the 2008 financial crisis level soon.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aims-doubled-to-record-6-65-million-last-week

Crazy numbers. We're in uncharted territory really, and who knows how long it will take for things to get back to normal. And even then, there will be a lot of fear in certain demographics about being in crowds, which will also impact theit behaviour and the economy.

@Admin

f4d9b9_cb1a13280c8b4d2aaa5b7f54e5b628ae~mv2.webp

#1 is bloody difficult but on reflection it's the only way to handle it - no amount of evidence or reason will work

So ask for censorship because people have other views?

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

- Asimov

BTW, don't know how many people are following the bigger picture stuff, but unemployment in the USA rose by close to 10 million people in the last two weeks, and is projected to pass the 2008 financial crisis level soon.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aims-doubled-to-record-6-65-million-last-week

There is a quote from the film "Big Short" - he says that for every 1% unemployment goes up, 40,000 people die. I've checked it out and it appears to be roughly true.

There is a quote from the film "Big Short" - he says that for every 1% unemployment goes up, 40,000 people die. I've checked it out and it appears to be roughly true.

Hopefully the economic bailout (esp the helicopter money) will mitigate this, but if you tackle a risk to human life by tanking the economy, the consequences may be more deaths than you hoped to save.

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

- Asimov

“The only thing that we know is that we know nothing, and that is the highest flight of human wisdom" Tolstoy.

BTW, I didn't know who Asimov was, so I looked him up. Seems amongst other things, he was into science-fiction.

60df6135cede4d19be4416daa49f15a3_18.jpg

Doctors Adil El Taya, Alfa Sa'adu, Habib Zaid and Amged el-Hawrani. They died fighting to save others.

Why lock it? for those posting it's something to do during lockdown (maybe not the best use of time) and occasionally some interesting stats/articles get posted

Maybe I'm naive but I don't think what anyone posts changes anyone's opinion on anything

We're all adults, we all believe what we believe one way or another and belief is more powerful than facts :p

Last edited:
Also there's probably a bit to discuss about the "Coronavirus Act 2020"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom