Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Corona self-employed support - claim from 15th May

Reaction score
If you're self-employed and eligible you can claim from 8am 15th May

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a...ovid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme

You can put in your unique tax payer reference and NI number into this tool to find out if you are

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/self-employment-support/enter-unique-taxpayer-reference

"The scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant of 80% of your average monthly trading profits, paid out in a single instalment covering 3 months, and capped at £7,500 altogether. This is a temporary scheme, but it may be extended."

Not sure if this is any better or worse for you than if you're already claiming income support or universal credit or how that would effect such claims

^ I think part of the problem with the two above is if you had enough savings you weren't eligible for them, which didn't seem particularly fair in a unique situation like this that your savings get drained

Last edited:
If you're self-employed and eligible you can claim from 8am 15th May

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/self-employment-support/enter-unique-taxpayer-reference

You can put in your unique tax payer reference and NI number into this tool to find out if you are

My understanding is that it will be available from 13th May 2020 but that claims will be staggered. HMRC will tell you the date you’ll be able to make a claim.

My understanding is that it will be available from 13th May 2020 but that claims will be staggered. HMRC will tell you the date you’ll be able to make a claim.

Ohh I see, I thought the 15th was a general date, was that unique to me?

Thanks for posting this to alert those eligible for it! And yes, it's staggered as when I checked yesterday it said I can apply from 16th May.

It's 80% for the third grant covering November to January calculated at 80% of average trading profits, up to a maximum of £7,500.

Ahh skimmed over the details too much, just kept reading March and assumed it was the full time period

40 to 55 to 80 is a big jump

Seems ominous that they're doing this because expect lockdown to last through the winter

Ahh skimmed over the details too much, just kept reading March and assumed it was the full time period

40 to 55 to 80 is a big jump

Seems ominous that they're doing this because expect lockdown to last through the winter

They certainly expect the economic impact to be felt through the winter.

You get the feeling that they are always playing catch-up.

People being paid not to work, amazing state of affairs. I wonder what they would make of this in 1950.

Makes you wonder what the plan is. It's not like this virus warrants destroying an economy. It's almost as if they want to make it look like they're going broke in the end, so that they can introduce some shady financial stuff, no doubt tax higher etc. This lockdown is BS anyway, anyone can see ... how's it ok for school kids to go to school, mingle with each other all day long and then come home. But Janet from the bakery has to close doors because someone might, perhaps, maybe come through her doors and that person might, maybe, possibly have COVID-19 and then the percentages get thinner from there on in.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know anybody severely affected by catching COVID-19?

I completely agree.. its a complete and utter debacle. Take schools, my kids spend 6 hours at school with the same class of children in an isolated year group, yet are not allowed to do an afterschool club outdoors in the fresh air with the same class of children? I was reading an article last night on BBC website about how Gov scientific advisors "Whitty and Co" used well out of date daily death projections https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54831334

This is the Mail today: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cond-wave-deaths-soaring-Mays-peak-WRONG.html

Was on bbc.co.uk

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is those that don't believe covid is a thing, or doesn't have a serious impact on health and wellbeing, that have flouted the rules leaving us in this position once again. The government need to balance health and the economy in equal measure which isn't easy, so whilst kids can spread the virus, taking them out of school increases the impact on key workers who then cannot support the country through this time; it is the lesser of two evils.

I completely agree.. its a complete and utter debacle. Take schools, my kids spend 6 hours at school with the same class of children in an isolated year group, yet are not allowed to do an afterschool club outdoors in the fresh air with the same class of children? I was reading an article last night on BBC website about how Gov scientific advisors "Whitty and Co" used well out of date daily death projections https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54831334

This is the Mail today: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cond-wave-deaths-soaring-Mays-peak-WRONG.html

Was on bbc.co.uk

Agree - if they're going to use figures and carefully chosen scenarios to lock the country down again - they ought to be right. You can't expect lots of small businesses and individuals to face utter ruin based on dodgy figures. A gym owner in Harlow has just spent the night in the cell. She explains herself well in this interview, just before she was arrested. She has a lot of support and I can understand why.

Reactions: JMI
I don't care what anyone says - the future of our children is more important than Karen and her gym, or even the gyms patrons. Also, the UK had "only" 1,870 road accident fatalities in 2019.

Outside of the standard national curriculum, by going to school children at any age learn skills in (but not limited to);
  1. peer to peer communication
  2. care and consideration towards your peers
  3. body language
  4. how to handle disagreements
  5. social cues
  6. leadership skills
  7. man management
  8. the importance of being punctual
  9. routine and habits
  10. learning to control and successfully managing emotions
  11. coping mechanisms
We're adults now.

We've had our childhood, playing outside with our mates, football, bikes, climbing trees, etc. We've had all that freedom and gained experience to help build up our list of mental and physical skills required to manage and cope during difficult times.

The current generation of kids are going through hell. Taking kids out of school is the wrong thing to do. It ruins their developmental skills and mental health.

These are our future leaders.

Amongst many other failures, the government should have implemented safer measures at schools. They should never have introduced the super spreader activity of "eat out to help out". They should have enforced the wearing of masks much earlier.

• Agree
Reactions: ian
Unfortunately it is those that don't believe covid is a thing, or doesn't have a serious impact on health and wellbeing, that have flouted the rules leaving us in this position once again.

I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. But, it goes a long way to show me that the government have done a great job of brainwashing the public. So now we're the one's to be held accountable? It's our fault the virus has gotten this far? (not that I believe it has, but that's a story for another time)

The government's late response to the pandemic is our fault is it? The fact that they couldn't organise a piss up in Lancaster Brewery is our fault as well? And the virus is most definitely spreading because the public are "flouting the rules" and not because of the fact that Boris Johnson's plan was herd immunity on day one and "shielding" and furlough on day two? Nobody knows whether they're coming or going. And this is the fault of who? The people?? A big middle finger to anybody who believes or tries to accept the accountability that's being pushed upon us by the government. We're being made to feel guilty for their wrongdoings, their late response. The wasting of millions of pounds of tax payers money on PPE that's sitting in lock ups somewhere going mouldy. Ok then!

I've followed this virus since November when it originated in Wuhan. I watched it spread and grow as people in power EVERYWHERE stood back and watched. China denied WHO access to the virus and accepted no outside expertise for weeks! As it spread across the globe and finally reached the UK, it was nothing to worry about. Boris had it all figured out, let's go outside and get the virus. Good idea! I've seen this movie ...

When you see past the smoke and mirrors, you'll begin to see the bigger picture. Call me a tin hat wearing conspiracy theorist if you like, as long as you question what you're reading or hearing from the government, if just one person wakes up, it's good enough. The question that remains on my mind from the very beginning, is WHY? Why is this plandemic allowed to continue? Look at the deaths, more people are dying from flu each day perhaps. Speaking of flu, where is it??? Suddenly it's disappeared! Hurray, we've got rid of flu!

?????????

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom