Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Custom Niche Web Directory - Develop your domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - as I said I did zero work on this but have got people adding their listings so seems to be working.

Stephen

How much money have you recouped and in what time scale?

Also, do you have any outgoings such as advertising?

How much money have you recouped and in what time scale?

Also, do you have any outgoings such as advertising?

In about 6 months, zero advertising and now got back what I paid. I did put this on a domain which already had a few backlinks though which probably helps.

I would be hopeful that if / when I ever promote properly then it would make a reasonable return although for me this was a bit of an experiment.

Stephen.

Out of interest, to justify the cost of £450 per theme, what does it do better when compared to the likes of directoryPress which is only $79 (£60 ish)?

(I say "justify" loosely, as you do not need to justify charging any price you want to charge).

I realise it's a custom made theme, optimised for SEO, yadda-yadda, but looking at the 2 themes side-by-side, premiumPress looks better/nicer out of the box, but will also provide updates as and when released, choice of colours via admin panel, support if needed, free or paid user memberships, payment gateway, optimised for mobile and also mentions it is SEO friendly (aren't all wordpress themes these days?), as well as a bunch of other stuff.

The fact you are creating a facebook app, etc, anyone could invest in hiring a freelancer to get this done, buy directoryPress and still have £xxx to invest in site promo/adwords, etc...

Hi

I've answered a similar question earlier in the thread, but I'll go over it again...

Firstly, I am not selling a theme, I am selling a full website with a great deal of custom features and functionality.

All directories are designed differently, each is designed according to how you would like it to look and what looks best for the type (niche) of directory I am building. If you have a design idea I will work to that, or I can design it for you based on ideas I have. Stephen's Performers directory was designed with ideas he and I had and for the niche it works well. I wont design another like that because I never repeat designs.

Directory press is OK, and yes it is quite cheap, but it is limited in features and the search functionality is very basic. It will do an OK job, but in my opinion it lacks features needed to really generate good revenue. For instance, the submissions options and functionality could be better. I'm not going to run directory press down though because for the price it isn't bad.

My directories are built with features you want or need, for example if you need a more complicated search feature, or perhaps you want a feature you have seen on another directory, I will add it.

Where my directories will really shine this coming year is the submissions system I have built and will be adding. Every part from membership, viewing listing options, submitting the listing, paying, upgrading, renewing and editing the listing has been built after a great deal of trialing and testing, every part is built to make sure every potential advertiser know how to use it and is more likely to go ahead and buy a listing.

All through this year, and years to come I will be developing directories for myself and for clients, and all through this I will be sharing feature updates and ideas on generating revenue.

These directories each take many hours to build and setup, each is designed to work well for the chosen niche. Custom search features are added such as custom search fields or geographic range searching depending on the niche (search is very important). Every directory is a full website that will stand the test of time, and will have the potential to stand out in it's niche.

Last edited:
Last chance to order a directory for the end of January.

From midnight tonight (midnight 9th Jan) I will not be taking any new bookings for at least two weeks as I have to dedicate my time to working on the bookings I already have.

The £50 off per directory is unlikely to be offered when I start taking bookings again as I simply do not need to offer a discount anymore. So be sure to order today if you want to take advantage of the discount.

Hi
Is this actually a wordpress theme? or does it run on something else?

Can you pm examples please
Thanks

Hi There,

Just out of interest is this what you are selling?

http://www.wsnlinks.com/

The price is justified if you are putting a lot of work into it, but i was just wondering if this is what you are using.

And is this the facebook app you have customised?

http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/manual/link.php?action=detail&id=551

All sounds good, but could you tell me what all the extra work you have to put in as i also need directory sites writing for a few domains including stripclub.co.uk, homeimprovement.co.uk, homeimprovement.co.uks, coffeeshops.co.uk, charityshops.co.uk plus some other i would rather keep quiet for now.

Thanks for your advice

Michael Toth

Sort of but not exactly, WSN directory is the original script used and the control panel used, but the directories are heavily modified. Using WSN directory as the core allows me to deploy quick security updates etc and it has much of the category functionality i need.

By the time I am finished it is a great deal more than the original script and I have permission to change distribute the script and modifications and even sell as my own. A licence for the script itself, so that security updates can be installed is included in the price. I don't tend to change the control panel much though as it is powerful anyway, and the control panel allows one click updates.

The directories I produce are so far removed from the original WSN script that myself and Paul, the guy who created the original script are working on a way I can sell it as a separate product via my website (well, more of a product and service combination).

Using WSN as a core of my sites is important for security and and many other reasons. To create a directory script from absolute scratch would not be a good idea if I am to build directories for many other people. I could not provide the security or fast deployment of features if it were not for the years of work that has already gone into WSN directory.

What you get from me you cannot buy from WSN scripts, modifications and templates are what makes these directories what they are, and I know the script backwards. Hours of work is put into each which is, obviously, what you pay for.

The buyer of a directory gets a unique and very powerful web directory.

Facebook App

No, the WSN Facebook app is far more basic than the app I am developing, but again it does use WSN as the core.

The domains you mentioned

I'll be happy to do the directories for the domains you mention, but I now do not have any availability for around three weeks, so contact me towards the end of the month if you are still interested.

I will create a new thread with new examples when I have availability again. In the mean time anyone can PM me questions if you have any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom