Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DAN now removing suspended domains.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
HI

Just to make you all aware if you are not already. DAN are now removing suspended domains from your account. The domain they deleted was suspended but as all domain investors here we renew them up to 3 days before the drop so by doing this if you renew them then you will have to check/re add them into your DAN account.

This is the email i got:

"
We have just deleted the following domains that had expired automatically from your account:

· ****.co.uk

Please make sure you keep your portfolio up-to-date. Your Dan account might be suspended if you list domains you do not own and or do not keep your portfolio updated.
"

I see the Godaddy culture is already bedding in on DAN now, the % price increase will be next :)

Take Care

• Informative
Reactions: DJ
Because say you miss the email to say your domains have been removed, you then (as i do) renew my domains in bulk but dont realise they have been removed from DAN. Then someone notices and re adds the domains in there account so when you get an enquiry you dont get it they do. This has happened to me before in the past and was only informed when they came direct to me and asked why have i not responded.

If you dont mind this that is fine but for me i dont like it, i would have liked an email to say you have 30 days or something to remove the domain but to do what Sedo does i find it frustrating.

Dan have been doing this since at least May this year, before they merged with GoDaddy.

They remove them 1 month after the domain reaches it expiry date, which seems a bit pointless, as there are still 2 months to renew the domain from that point.

You can list domains on Dan without setting nameservers, so people can find names if they're searching the site, same as they can if a domain is suspended, so I can't see the point in them removing domains with 2 months left until they drop, and I know many domainers wait until the last minute to renew, so why not automatically remove them on the drop day instead, if they're not renewed.

Under the new drop system you'll have to renew them 5/6 days before the drop date I think, otherwise it won't be possible. Crazy times we're living in

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom