Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Directory Scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to create a new directory site for classified listings and business advertising, etc in a specific niche.

I have a PHPMyDirectory licence but would like to use something different. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Ideally, I can either purchase a template or customise this myself.

Cheers!

I'm using directorypress. Works using Wordpress. Example here: lakedistrict cottages .org

Hi looks good!

One point though. If the site is aimed at end users searching for a cottage shouldn't the top level navigation be more user friendly and focused on them rather than links / tabs for the cottage owners themselves?

Cheers,

Flinty

@flinty - I'm sure you're right - the site still needs some tweaking.

@ alien - Directory press has a nice clean look to it's interface but I did find it less than intuitive at times! If you decide to use it (I think it's around $70) and hit problems like thumbnails not showing pm me as i may have hit similar probs! It's done the job for my purposes and doesn't look like just another php directory!

@ alien - Directory press has a nice clean look to it's interface but I did find it less than intuitive at times! If you decide to use it (I think it's around $70) and hit problems like thumbnails not showing pm me as i may have hit similar probs! It's done the job for my purposes and doesn't look like just another php directory!

Thanks vizzo, very kind of you. :)

Does anyone else have any other ideas or recommendations? :D

Are there any decent directory scripts where you can input UK businesses and users can search for nearest one by postcode/location

@ bensd, I've been playing with my own directory script (drupal based) but geoplaces (wp theme) looks good, think i'll be trying it out eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom