Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain question - Eact match .org.uk or plural with less exacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

So a little question...

A domain like "theorytest.co.uk" is unavailable however "theorytest.org.uk" is.

Alternatively "theorytests.co.uk" (plural) is available.

According to G's Traffic Estimator (I admit it can be unreliable), the singular gets 800 impressions a day but the plural gets 1.

Which would you go for; the singular .org.uk or the plural .co.uk?

My take on it would be as follows:

1. It would depend on whether I was going to develop or flip. If I was thinking of spending time on developing a quality site with lots of content then I'd go with the singular .org.uk due to the amount of searches.
The EMD issue with Google would not deter me if I was going to build a quality site. It's just that going forward an EMD will not get the same benefit as it once did in the past.

2. If I was gonna flip the site then I'd go with the plural .co.uk as I believe it would be slightly easier to shift.

Personally if this is an in house development and you're not fussed about selling on the domain I'd look at .com, .net or .org before I'd look at a .org.uk - not only do I think they look better but for a UK focused keyword like 'theory tests' they are often a damn sight cheaper than a UK domain too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom