Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a reply from Namecheap on Monday afternoon to say "We have passed the details of the issue to our upstream provider for further investigation."

I didn't hear anything back, so asked for an update on Wednesday evening. I still haven't heard back from them.

I don't suppose anyone has an email address for their CEO, Richard Kirkendall? I know he's on a few hosting forums, so I guess I'll have to sign up to one and PM him.

Go back to Nominet and ask them to intervene. Namecheap are acting on their behalf.

Thank you for the advice! I've managed to contact someone a bit higher up at Namecheap, I didn't realise mdrussell was VP there.

Hopefully Matt can help sort this out for me.

In future I'll Whois every single hand reg to stop this happening again!

Just a quick note to say this has been resolved fully and the domain is now under my control, in my Nominet account.

I haven't been told exactly what happened, but there was a glitch during the registration process, somewhere between Namecheap and Nominet. The domain ended up in my Namecheap account but under the registrant details, and in someone else's Nominet account.

The domain was suspended around the end of February because the name on it was "Muslims Dialogue" and someone had reported this domain, or another domain held under that registrant name.

Matt Russell was very helpful in expediting the recovery of this domain - Namecheap liaised directly with Nominet to get it back for me.

The site was down for over one month (taking into account the time before I noticed it was offline, which was probably another 7 days or so) as a result of this error.

Lesson learned - every time I register a new domain name I'll be double checking the Whois information as soon as it's registered, so I don't have to go through this whole rigmarole again.

Thanks again to everyone who responded, Namecheap and Matt Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom