Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainlore blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined this forum rather enthusiastically and pitched my thoughts to this topic thinking it's a genuine discussion, but it's actually a pity rivalry between two platforms and their clients

Stay with us, Ciprian. This is mostly a very friendly place with plenty of decent people and lots of experience. This is the internet, so of course there will be occasional flare ups, but all in all this is a helpful and at times informative forum. As LCHappy (Lisa) says, life just goes on. I have been very much helped by people on this forum and have been shown a lot of generosity. Being human beings, we can all get tetchy at times, but it's good to meet other people with similar interests, and all the fun and cunning and occasional triumphs of getting domains.

You have some nice domains on your own list, including romantic.uk

Good luck in the next week or two - there are plenty of good catches coming up!

Last edited:
Serious is someone taking the piss, new tag of the day, Jake Waller [Tag = KUNGFUJAKE], gone straight to ukbackorder auctions even though the nameservers are blank. i am startled at just how many new tags are appearing and all seem to have found robs system and had him agree to a profit share on instant auction yet me and others who used his system for years ask and he will not give us this deal. rob needs to explain himself

Last edited by a moderator:
And why do you think they're dumping the domains as soon as they get them?

They're breaking the rules and they know it - and so does Rob!!

I have my suspicions that the name I was bidding on yesterday was eventually bought by the catcher - but sadly we will never know for sure due to the lack of transparency.

Obviously I am aware that I may be wrong and I might be pointing the finger unfairly, but due to my concerns I didn't bid as much as I wanted to, so the original catcher (and Rob) have lost revenue while it has also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Obviously all of the above would be resolved with some simple transparency. I am sure the catchers would rather be revealed if they are bidding on a name than losing their revenue for doing so?

Last edited:
The domains on these platforms are attractively priced hence their success. They are the survivors of many attempts to get auction systems off the ground.

You can bet your house every dreamer tried to get the moral domaining utopia off the ground and what we are left with are the most resilient system anyone can make work at this time and the process evolves every year as in any industry.

Platform owners gaming their position and raking in off the data we provide isnt news on the internet. Anywhere.

There is no way in hell as in it would have to raining 100 dollar bills on Pluto and I still wouldnt let a rival business or its fans or other vested parties interfere with my business, making moralistic accusations etc

They are not interfering cos they wanna help your business are they?

Out in the real world all I hear is the good old days talk. When you could park anywhere. When you didnt need be a millionaire to own a house or fill in 50 forms to buy a toothbrush.

Carry on and the will sanitize domaining out of existence. It will be over.

Serious is someone taking the piss, new tag of the day, Jake Waller [Tag = KUNGFUJAKE], gone straight to ukbackorder auctions even though the nameservers are blank. i am startled at just how many new tags are appearing and all seem to have found robs system and had him agree to a profit share on instant auction yet me and others who used his system for years ask and he will not give us this deal. rob needs to explain himself

I agree, totally taking the piss!! Rob wouldn't let me join either :p

ukbackorder.com homepage said:
If you are a tagholder and want to catch domains for auction with our software contact us

The thing is, is that even if Rob isn't colluding with his HC users to catch 24/7 at good speeds (which I don't think he is) the sheer volume of tags using his system now makes his chances extremely high. So you know, what he's doing isn't really "illegal", it's just a really good way to catch domains. And no wonder more people are signing up to it, 70/30 splits in your favour and use of the most refined drop catching software in the industry for free?

Well I was on Rob's system for about 6 weeks late last year and barely caught anything unfortunately, however the same group of tags kept catching multiple prebooked domains every single day. I caught maybe one or two prebooked domains at the most over a 6 week period. I just put it down to bad luck and to be fair I did have a lot of that because you could almost guarantee the first domain on my catch list wouldn't drop until the end of the day! There does seem to be a lot of new tags on there recently who have never introduced themselves, I'm really not sure what's going on there. Anyway I thanked Rob for letting me use his system and left it after it wasn't as successful for me as it has been for others.

I spent about 2 months on his system, just catching back orders. I made about £500, so his system is very very good and very fair to its users.

The thing is, is that even if Rob isn't colluding with his HC users to catch 24/7 at good speeds (which I don't think he is) the sheer volume of tags using his system now makes his chances extremely high. So you know, what he's doing isn't really "illegal", it's just a really good way to catch domains. And no wonder more people are signing up to it, 70/30 splits in your favour and use of the most refined drop catching software in the industry for free?

Ben thats not technically true, People have not been able to sign up for months as he disabled new registrations months ago so how does new tags sign up especially those created this week, i dont care what rob does or the platform as long as we all have a fair share at catching i just wanted to state that its been impossible to sign up for months so im not sure how the huge wave of new tags managed to do so.

register.png

I didn't realise that he'd disabled registrations. Perhaps he vets people internally or chooses who he wants onboard?

Yeah i assume so because its not possible to publicly register and has not been for quite a while now, he's doing well and fair play to him if its done above board anyway ill crawl back under my rock haha

Ben thats not technically true, People have not been able to sign up for months as he disabled new registrations months ago so how does new tags sign up especially those created this week, i dont care what rob does or the platform as long as we all have a fair share at catching i just wanted to state that its been impossible to sign up for months so im not sure how the huge wave of new tags managed to do so.
register.png

I'm pretty sure the link for catchers to contact Rob at the top of UKBO is new in the last day or so. I wonder if his approach has been deliberately cautious, either as a 'good neighbour' policy not to take too much market share, or an incentive to make sure existing chasers catch enough to keep them on board. Denys' post has stirred the pot and maybe made him less concerned about treading on toes.

The public facing 'Hosted Chasing' service is like the site run on https://catchdrop.uk/

I understand that this service offering a public facing drop catch site was closed last year around the time that the 'Caught Auctions' were introduced.

I spent about 2 months on his system, just catching back orders. I made about £500, so his system is very very good and very fair to its users.

You made £500 and he made £10k+ in the same period? I wouldn't say £500 catching in 2 months is a marker of success and kind of enforces my point.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam
The person who operates the platform and takes a cut from all sales earns more than customers who sell on that platform. Hold the front page.

You made £500 and he made £10k+ in the same period? I wouldn't say £500 catching in 2 months is a marker of success and kind of enforces my point.

Not sure how he made 10k or where you're getting these figures from, but since my split was 70/30 in my favour, I don't think I care if he made more. It's his business, I was just a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom