Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainlore

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair comment - but I do believe theres a Very good consensus here on Acorn - those that add nothing constuctive soon find themselves ignored (and that dosen't include the Newbies learning the ropes)

Individuals with a chip on their shoulder usually carry it everywhere - hence my original response to Walkindude. sometimes it is best to take a step back.

I would add though - your comments can 'sometimes' be construed as being personal attacks - when I personally don't think thats the intention

Last edited:
Invincible give it a rest now. I speak with an 'authority', invented in your head mate given everyone in here has checkable blog history, tells you how long they've been a member, tells you how many deals they've done, tells you how many recommendations they've got. All quantifiable barometers of their 'authority' on any topic in here than their typing style I think. Ta.

Bailey, i'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

I dropped a few posts in praise of DL, I stick by it, way you lot going on you'd think I'd dropped a few posts in praise of Nazism and signed off as General or something.

Invincible give it a rest now. I speak with an 'authority', invented in your head mate given everyone in here has checkable blog history, tells you how long they've been a member, tells you how many deals they've done, tells you how many recommendations they've got. All quantifiable barometers of their 'authority' on any topic in here than their typing style I think. Ta.

Bailey, i'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

I dropped a few posts in praise of DL, I stick by it, way you lot going on you'd think I'd dropped a few posts in praise of Nazism and signed off as General or something.

If you think 'Checkable' online History is a 'be all and end all' your sadly mistaken my friend....

14 years past my first registration - I still consider myself on a learning-curve.

Thankfully one or two of the boards I belong to aren't even public - So how about you give me some of my History - that you Judge By

Bailey I wonder if you've actually done your report on Brandables yet. May well be a more worthy use of your time than forensically dissecting my posts mate. And am actually interested in reading it. Been away for a couple of weeks is it done yet?

Unfortunately still no references to anything you've said? :)

The number of deals done and recommendations made demonstrate the ability to make transactions and nothing more. It is also nothing to do with "typing style". Simply put intelligent people who spend time writing about a topic generally provide references to substantiate their statements. You don't and haven't on more than one occasion. That is undisputed. Offering references to substantiate the statements you make is nothing new in this world. :)

Godwin's law. :rolleyes:

Would like to apologies for the over enthusiastic nature of my earlier posts re. DL and any distress that may have been caused. I'll try harder to keep my opinions to myself in future.

Bailey I wonder if you've actually done your report on Brandables yet. May well be a more worthy use of your time than forensically dissecting my posts mate. And am actually interested in reading it. Been away for a couple of weeks is it done yet?

Yes I did promise that....Thanks for the reminder

Fortunately I did have the opportunity to "develop" under the Thorn EMI umbrella for many years ( plus the 6 years -paid by me in day-off education in that field) Somehow self-help dosent seem as part of your self-development agenda

Are you personally worth the effort - thats a No then..... But thats no excuse for not delivering....

Hope you also concentrated as much on the rest of my posts... about from being away from the uk market... still got my wifes inquest before December.... But hey you read every blog etc etc everything..... so your well-up on my business todate - No reminders needed

Last edited:
My final comment - don't be an arsehole - and try to run before you can walk. We all started somewhere.... No shame in it.

I learnt from great people - because I listened
ps haven't had to do a days real work in 5 years - but you'd also know that

Last edited:
The selling climate is pretty poor at the moment, DL will is no different - although on the flip side anyone with money to spend will pick up some real bargins.

I think the bubble has burst. There is rarely anything decent dropping these days imho. My dac sits idle most days. Has anyone noticed how many decent suspended names don't drop?. A lot more people are tracking down regsitrants with the use of advanced drop lists in order to negotiate a purchase. Usually the current owner is switched on to the value due to receiving mutiple enquiries and renews. I don't think that the last google update has helped things either.
People are realising the site is more important than the domain name and I think brandable is going to be more popular than keyword.

I suppose it depends what you think is decent. I'm doing reasonably well with end-user sales in the £400-£1500 region from recent drops.

I agree it's what you regard as decent. I'm obviously missing something. I look through droplists for the next day and struggle to find anything worth regging but obviously missing a trick as that revenue pm would do nicely

Not at all. From recent catches in the last 30 days..

£1k+ = 1
£500-999 = 1
£250-499 = 2
<£250 = 3 :( (I know, why bother..)

Another 7 in negotiation currently.

Not at all. From recent catches in the last 30 days..

£1k+ = 1
£500-999 = 1
£250-499 = 2
<£250 = 3 :( (I know, why bother..)

Another 7 in negotiation currently.

Wow, that's great work, I'm with stender, struggling to even pick names that I think are worth that much from the lists, nevermind catching and selling them as well.

I don't know what I'm doing differently to anyone else to be honest.. About half of the names we go for these days are for ourselves, and the other half to sell. For those..

• I read the lists
  • Pick out names I think might be worth something
  • Have a scout around any see if I can find any potential buyers
  • If I think I've got a few potential buyers who stand to benefit, I'll try and catch the name
  • For the names I catch, I'll contact all of the potential buyers with a variation on a standard-ish sales letter I have
  • Sometimes they'll bite and I'll close the sale
  • Failing that, I'll bump up the domain to its 'shelf price' and leave it on Sedo

What else is there? :)

All of the names we go for for ourselves are fairly heavily themed.

I don't know what I'm doing differently to anyone else to be honest.. About half of the names we go for these days are for ourselves, and the other half to sell. For those..

• I read the lists
  • Pick out names I think might be worth something
  • Have a scout around any see if I can find any potential buyers
  • If I think I've got a few potential buyers who stand to benefit, I'll try and catch the name
  • For the names I catch, I'll contact all of the potential buyers with a variation on a standard-ish sales letter I have
  • Sometimes they'll bite and I'll close the sale
  • Failing that, I'll bump up the domain to its 'shelf price' and leave it on Sedo

What else is there? :)

All of the names we go for for ourselves are fairly heavily themed.

I think that's where I'm going wrong, that's what I *used* to do, somewhere along the line I got burned out, now I just skim the lists.

Most days I'm trying to catch one or more domains, again either for my own company to use, or for resale.

It's easier to do well with domain names where you have a competitive advantage of some sort (industry knowledge for instance) and see value where others don't of course.

Right now there are only 3 days left in September with nothing scheduled to drop that I find interesting. (Though most days it's only one or two domains..)

I've looked at tomorrows drops and theres nothing i'm wanting to go for, either for myself or what i would consider a defnate £50 flip. Would be interested if you would be willing to pm me what you are going for and why? I promise not to go dor it :)

I've posted you a couple of the ones I'm going for with my reasoning. Not everyone will agree, but why fight what works eh?

Just looking at DL today and it seems no-one is bidding, either that or they are waiting until the last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom