Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainlore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends what you think is decent. I'm doing reasonably well with end-user sales in the £400-£1500 region from recent drops.

Do you mind sharing how many domain names you've sold in that price bracket that are from drops over the past 30 days, for example? :)

Not at all. From recent catches in the last 30 days..

£1k+ = 1
£500-999 = 1
£250-499 = 2
<£250 = 3 :( (I know, why bother..)

Another 7 in negotiation currently.

Not at all. From recent catches in the last 30 days..

£1k+ = 1
£500-999 = 1
£250-499 = 2
<£250 = 3 :( (I know, why bother..)

Another 7 in negotiation currently.

Wow, that's great work, I'm with stender, struggling to even pick names that I think are worth that much from the lists, nevermind catching and selling them as well.

I don't know what I'm doing differently to anyone else to be honest.. About half of the names we go for these days are for ourselves, and the other half to sell. For those..

• I read the lists
  • Pick out names I think might be worth something
  • Have a scout around any see if I can find any potential buyers
  • If I think I've got a few potential buyers who stand to benefit, I'll try and catch the name
  • For the names I catch, I'll contact all of the potential buyers with a variation on a standard-ish sales letter I have
  • Sometimes they'll bite and I'll close the sale
  • Failing that, I'll bump up the domain to its 'shelf price' and leave it on Sedo

What else is there? :)

All of the names we go for for ourselves are fairly heavily themed.

I don't know what I'm doing differently to anyone else to be honest.. About half of the names we go for these days are for ourselves, and the other half to sell. For those..

• I read the lists
  • Pick out names I think might be worth something
  • Have a scout around any see if I can find any potential buyers
  • If I think I've got a few potential buyers who stand to benefit, I'll try and catch the name
  • For the names I catch, I'll contact all of the potential buyers with a variation on a standard-ish sales letter I have
  • Sometimes they'll bite and I'll close the sale
  • Failing that, I'll bump up the domain to its 'shelf price' and leave it on Sedo

What else is there? :)

All of the names we go for for ourselves are fairly heavily themed.

I think that's where I'm going wrong, that's what I *used* to do, somewhere along the line I got burned out, now I just skim the lists.

Most days I'm trying to catch one or more domains, again either for my own company to use, or for resale.

It's easier to do well with domain names where you have a competitive advantage of some sort (industry knowledge for instance) and see value where others don't of course.

Right now there are only 3 days left in September with nothing scheduled to drop that I find interesting. (Though most days it's only one or two domains..)

I've looked at tomorrows drops and theres nothing i'm wanting to go for, either for myself or what i would consider a defnate £50 flip. Would be interested if you would be willing to pm me what you are going for and why? I promise not to go dor it :)

I've posted you a couple of the ones I'm going for with my reasoning. Not everyone will agree, but why fight what works eh?

Just looking at DL today and it seems no-one is bidding, either that or they are waiting until the last minute

Thanks for the PM Martin, I see your reasoning but am far too lazy to compete :D

Maybe DL will start picking up. A couple of domain names on there are generating interest; "impotence.co.uk" being one of them. It could potentially sell for quite a high amount given the relative cost of ED meds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think things could start to drop with that one rather than pick up. :D

Well that didn't take long to burst back into life. I've seen it drop before, although not as low as just 2 domains but it usually recovers quickly enough. I think DL has plenty of life left in it as he is very well established now.

I see a domain I let drop selling on there yet no one wanted it for a fiver when I listed it on here! :rolleyes:

I see a domain I let drop selling on there yet no one wanted it for a fiver when I listed it on here! :rolleyes:

Clearly not the same audience then?
Surely there are more users/buyers on domainlore than just acorn members?

Seems to be at a lowpoint. I personally don't use anymore for selling - probably because my expectations were too high in the first place. But, there has been some good sales history in the past and Denys week-ahead drops have always been helpful (in more ways than one)

Hope it's not terminal. :-(

I do notice a consistency though.
Quality domains seem to sell for between 10 to 50% of potential end user values.
Bad domains reflect their quality by the lack of interest.

It's interesting that although there is a lack of buyers, the buyers that are involved recognise the quality domains and are able to bag a bargain because of the absence of end user competition.

I do notice a consistency though.
Quality domains seem to sell for between 10 to 50% of potential end user values.
Bad domains reflect their quality by the lack of interest.

It's interesting that although there is a lack of buyers, the buyers that are involved recognise the quality domains and are able to bag a bargain because of the absence of end user competition.

Good summary - Couldn't have put it better.

I guess it's just the amount of poor domains listed is starting to make it look just like another list

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom