Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by Lovekraft, May 19, 2014.
I appreciate you look up to me, but I don't have as much clout with nominet as you would imagine
No problem. Turn up Wednesday, optionally with a tray of eggs, speak your mind and I'll buy you a milkshake after it's all over before dropping you at the station so you can get the chuff-chuff home. This is clearly your pet issue so let's go...
(from Note 3)
It would depend on how delayed the real time DAC might be. If the new registrant of the .co.uk knew they were that registrant before the DAC "told on him/her" to everyone else who was chasing, that registrant might have a chance. Seems unlikely though.
Perhaps ask Nominet to delay the release of the right to the .UK for 24h and give the new registrant of the .co.uk the opportunity to register it within that time period before making it available FCFS? This would only be where an existing *.UK with rights had expired, had then been deleted and where the .UK obviously wasn't registered already.
(from Note 3)
Have to work but I hope you all enjoy it.
What's the matter Dave? Cannot call in sick? I'll be driving past so could offer a FREE lift! Murrytheworry might decide to attend and speak his mind if you volunteer to look after him!
Nope important meeting tomorrow I'm afraid. Shame really but I'm sure I'll catch up with you soon. :grin::grin:
Let me know what you want for the car...?
I mean Wednesday, not tomorrow.
12 eggs marked on reduced in waitrose if anyone's contemplating bringing some...
Even in Waitrose you can't leave AD alone.. have a break man.
It's the free wifi they have here now. I feel I *simply have* to use it! ;-) Besides a couple of my items aren't scanning on the hand held "gun" so I'm waiting for that to be resolved!
Out of interest, when does that come in to play?
Since when any registrar became accredited and they decide to take an interest in any expiring domain names on their tags (i.e. it could already have begun with some).
Interesting! I haven't been watching out for it. Anyone noticed anything not dropping and going into registrar ownership yet? We should be on alert.
I thought the registrar had to get the registrant's consent to acquire their expiring domains prior to registration? So it should only be domains that are registered after the new tiers came into effect?
I will need to find where I read this in a bit.
Yes to the first part, no to the second. Registrars can request that consent in all sorts of ways if they want to be clever about it, for example as part of the renewal process for domains they manage.
Don't they also have to obtain consent no earlier than 30 days prior to expiry and no later than 30 days after?
The precise wording (self-explanatory) is as follows:
Thanks Edwin. So it is as I thought. Any domain names on tags controlled by accredited registrars that are currently in the state of being no earlier than 30 days prior to their expiry dates and no later than 30 days after could potentially be taken over, from 30 days after expiry, if consent from the registrant is obtained during this time period. Any domain names that come into this state could also be taken over, from 30 days after expiry, if consent from the registrant is obtained during this time period.
Whether accredited registrars are following the rules to the letter is anyone's guess because there is no audit process to ensure that they are.
Separate names with a comma.