Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Duplicated Web-Site

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by Classkeeper, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classkeeper United Kingdom

Classkeeper Member

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but am looking for a bit of advice. I recently came across a web-site using the same domain name as my site but with the .info extension which is an exact duplicate of my site which they appear to have done using Teleport Pro as the source code is full of 'tppabs' mark up which I believe corresponds to that programme.

a) Is there a way of stopping Teleport from viewing my site, something in the htaccess?

b) Is there anyone in particular I can report this to and request the site is taken down as I had zero response from the so called owner of the site.

Thanks.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

If you can work out who they host with you can threaten to sue the host for infringing your copyright most hosts remove the offending content fairly quickly

4. retired_member36

retired_member36 Retired Member

5. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Send their host a DMCA take down notice, its not legally binding in the UK but still normally is enough for most hosts to take action regardless of location because its not worth the hassle for them.

You should look at blocking bad bots/scrapers anyway not just from one program but you could try adding this :
    Code:
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Teleport\ Pro

Depending on the script you are using , i.e wordpress there are a number of plugins available or you can build your own honey pot like this :

http://jetfar.com/trap-content-scraper-spam-harvester-bots-using-honeypot-wordpress-htaccess/

6. bluerock United Kingdom

bluerock Well-Known Member

Go for the host, they always back down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.