Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Email Address Prefixes

I have my full name which I use for email and went for email@ however I always regret it when I have to give it out verbally as it often confuses people. However I have used it for 15 years or so, too ingrained to change.

I do have my surname on another extension which i have setup for the rest of the family, I set them all up as [email protected]

I have my full name which I use for email and went for email@ however I always regret it when I have to give it out verbally as it often confuses people. However I have used it for 15 years or so, too ingrained to change.

I do have my surname on another extension which i have setup for the rest of the family, I set them all up as [email protected]

Which extension? I ask because of..

[email protected] would be my preference, try and stop all those personal emails heading off to the wrong place.

Yeh. I feel like this is exactly why .co.uk/.uk have minimal value because of you don’t have both, you have nothing.

I get emails which were they to go to the wrong extension would cost me enough to just buy the .com in the first place :p

I doubt this would ever happen as 99.9% of the time email addresses are not hand typed but held in a database for the site that you belong too. I cannot remember the last time I verbally read out my email address to someone.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I doubt this would ever happen as 99.9% of the time email addresses are not hand typed but held in a database for the site that you belong too.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

What do you mean? Are you referring to contact lists? If so, that still requires them to get it right the first time..

Hi, I very rarely use email that way. I cannot see it ever having to be hand typed apart from me typing it.

Do you mean like filling out a form at the doctors or something ?

Last edited:
.im

The .uk is a sore topic as I missed it yesterday. However on my other domains where I only have the .uk I have never really had any issues.

Which extension? I ask because of..

Yeh. I feel like this is exactly why .co.uk/.uk have minimal value because of you don’t have both, you have nothing.

I get emails which were they to go to the wrong extension would cost me enough to just buy the .com in the first place :p

I use mail@ me@ name@ contact@ all depends on the use of the email

Nice one getting your name, I wish I never contacted the owners of murray.co.uk in 2014 because that prompted them to register it

Never going to be able to buy it from money bags estate agents

.im

The .uk is a sore topic as I missed it yesterday. However on my other domains where I only have the .uk I have never really had any issues.

Ah. If it’s any consolation I think .im is better for the reasons mentioned above.

How do you know you’ve never had any issues? ;)

Ah. If it’s any consolation I think .im is better for the reasons mentioned above.

How do you know you’ve never had any issues? ;)

Well i get all the mails i am expecting :) That being said my main email as said above is my name .com, for many years there was musician with the same name as me who owned the .co.uk, however he would advertise his email as the .com. His management team even went to the extent of making the admin of his wordpress site an email address at my .com. I tried for years get a response from them but him or his management just ignored me, despite the fact I would get regular offers of work and publicity. I was very tempted to reset the password on the site, but my sensible hat would not let me.

As for the .im, I have a few .im domains as i likes that they allowed the tld early on, so i have a couple of nice short domain names that I use for all my networking needs.

Could do something funky for email. Setup a subdomain (just for email purposes) - then your email address would be: [email protected]

That would work if he had lname.uk, but he doesn't.

I caught the plural of my surname, which is the only one available - I was hoping for my surname but Fasthosts hoovered it up. That said, I used to have surname.email and gave it up after a year because it was too confusing to people, so this might have had the same problem.

I use firstname @ firstname.co.uk, luckily my mum misspelt my name at birth, so I got a good deal on the domain years back.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom