Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Failing Nominet data validation

Joined
Nov 13, 2017
Posts
8
Reaction score
2
Moved a couple of my domains across to Cloudflare as a test, and I noticed that the whois now reads:

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 30-Jan-2022

I've checked the registrant details in my Nominet online services and they are correct (real name/address). What's odd is the domains were validating correctly at Namecheap using the same details.

Is this something I should worry about? Is there a risk the domains get suspended?
 
Update: spoke to Nominet and I think they've sorted it (fingers crossed)
 
I've checked the registrant details in my Nominet online services and they are correct
That's really all you can do as a registrant.
It might just be that you selected the incorrect Organisation type (ie UK/Non-UN Individual or Ltd)
Wait for your registrar/Nominet to ask for more info if they have reasons to believe the data is incorrect
 
Top Bottom