Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Find domain owner when who is is redacted

Reaction score
Im currently taking a LTD company to court for non payment, It may transpire that they do not have any funds to pay me. However they do have a .com domain that i want.

The only problem is that when i who is the domain its showing as redacted so i cant provide that their LTD company owns the domain. Their LTD company name is on the website hosted on the domain, but i cant prove who actually owns the domain.

Is there anyway i can establish this ?

It's a can of worms.

If you find a historical whois record, that doesn't necessarily prove who the current registrant is.

You can ask the registrar to give you the current whois details, or get a court to order them to do so - if they are in the UK - otherwise take legal action in another country against the registrar or registry.

But then you might get into the "is the legal registrant the legal owner?" argument.

At the end of the day, is it worth the cost & effort? Are there easier assets to go after? Could you write off the bad debt in your accounts anyway? Would the company give up the name voluntarily to settle the debt?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom