20i Reseller Hosting

flip.uk - .UK Domain Auctions and Marketplace

Discussion in 'Domain Tools' started by lazarus, May 3, 2020.

1. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

DomainLore.uk anyone?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. super-whois United Kingdom

super-whois Active Member

There are many free platforms out there, the value for them is the data they collect...

On the other hand, we have a platform where only the owner gets to see who bids on what names, and who loses out with smaller bids...

4. lazarus

lazarus Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Hi Dee, For transparency reasons. Other Platforms are over complicated. A listing fee if this happens, a different listing fee if that happens, A percentage of final sale if if if... We all know were we stand if listing is free and zero commission. The option is always there to add a small fee for bold or something like that if the donations are scarce. But the platform will always be free to use.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  5. lazarus

Some screens of the front end. Work in progress but in case anyone in intrigued.
    If anyone wants, I will have some test accounts available in the near future. BTW the domains in the screenshots or for demonstration purposes only :)

19-browse.jpg 19-auction.jpg 19-wishlist.jpg 19-market.jpg

The last screenshot is of a Marketplace listing from a visitors point of view, that has landed on the domain. If you are already on the flip platform you will see the normal menu etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  6. lazarus

I have updated screenshot above to latest versions.
    Many new additions and I have finished the Wishlist which splits your wishlist item up into Auction and Marketplace items. :)

Sellers will have to have a verified status to list an auction as apposed to marketplace where you just need an account.

Auctions need approval before going live. Marketplace does not.

No edits on live auctions but unlimited edits on marketplace.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  7. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

Is there not an irony in building a domain sales platform where one didn't own the .co.uk, or if you can't have the .co.uk and .uk pair, you at least have to have the .com. If you didn't own flip.uk would you be embarking on this project.. and what about flippa.com?

8. SecNam

SecNam Moderator Staff Member

Are you using PHPPRObid ?

9. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Looks good!

My only opinion is to be careful about saying it will always be free. My experience from this type of website and similar style websites is that they always tend to end up having to charge because customer support becomes a part-time job.

Whenever someone doesn't pay for a domain they've bought (quite common), or delays in payments etc, everyone comes running to you first to handle/deal with it.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with paying for a listing in the future if you have buyers coming to your site and domains are getting sold.

• Agree Agree x 2