Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Guest Posts - Interested in buying them?

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by Jamie101, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie101 Ireland

Jamie101 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just wanted to ask whether people would be interested in a service like this:

I'll write an article (around 500 words) and then I'll get in touch with people that own sites in a related niche to post that article on their site.

You'd be able to tell me what anchor text you want etc.

I'd use MyBlogGuest to do this by the way.

Just wanted to know if people would use this type of service? And if so, what price would you be happy to pay (considering that I'll have to write an article, find a related site, contact the owner and hopefully they'll post it and I'll send you the link to the article).

I'm quite busy at the moment but just seeing what people think since I should have some spare time in a while.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

Would you let people request PageRank/Moz scores for the site?

4. Jamie101 Ireland

Yeah I suppose I could do that actually, nice idea.

In my experience its usually not too hard to get some nice sites with decent PR :)

5. Sussexite

Sussexite Active Member

Hi Jamie

what are the sort of subjects that you write best / know most about?

6. Jamie101 Ireland

I write about nearly anything to be honest mate, but usually tech and finance stuff works out the best for me (in my opinion anyway).

7. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

I'd be interested - how would cost work, success rate of number of features gained??

8. Jamie101 Ireland

Not sure about cost really.

Success rate for me in the past has been really good. Most of the time they are accepted and posted on their site within a few days (although sometimes they tell you it has been scheduled to post in a week or two!).

Not sure what you mean about features gained, sorry.

9. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

Interested, do you have good feedback on MBG?

And what sort of price per article?

10. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

As an idea, the whole success of this for me would depend on the ability of the seller to pick what is, and what isn't a good posting opportunity.

Pagerank and moz metrics are fine at a cursory glance, but it takes a knowledgeable human eye to evaluate a site properly.

You seem to know your stuff, all though for me, anywhere that allows me to choose my own anchor text Id avoid.. that sends up a red flag, Id never allow a guest post from someone using keyword anchor text.

^ That is unless it was a really fantastic post that would attract lots of attention and links for my site, which is unlikely.

From what I've seen in your posts etc Jamie you seem to know your stuff, if you can get articles posted on real quality sites then this service seems like a great idea.

11. Jamie101 Ireland

Yeah I've good feedback on there, been using it for a year or two now I think.

No idea on prices yet (if I go ahead with it), interested in hearing what people would be willing to pay - a rough idea would be good.

Agree with you and appreciate what you've said about me. I know what you mean about the anchor text, but obviously you wouldn't be able to use really spammy anchors since most people wouldn't allow that sort of thing.

Most sites on MBG are decent enough, especially if you badly need a few links. Put it this way, you could do a lot worse than using MBG.

12. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

What's MBG? Nothing relevant on Google for that term that I can see.

13. Jamie101 Ireland

14. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Thanks, had never heard of that site before, still not sure of the idea of article writing to include links, to me that looks like the sort of thing Google would frown on, as it could look like a paid for link?

15. Jamie101 Ireland

Depends on what way you look at it really. I suppose it's a bit of a grey area though. I think it's the way forward if used correctly.

16. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the quality of sites and how stringent their acceptance policy is.

I do think guest blogging on the whole just seems to be article directories rebranded for 2013.

17. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

Just meant number of guest posts achieved

Let me know if you go ahead with service - interested in knowing more

18. murph United Kingdom

murph Well-Known Member

^agree with that!

19. AuthorityDomain United States

AuthorityDomain Active Member

Hi Jamie,

I outsourced this type of work before and was paying $25 per blog post that went live and it worked well for a while except, I had to decline quite a few blogs that were found as they were under par!

If I was using someone reliable and knew about seo which I know you do from our previous conversations then you could charge a higher premium.

I know some agencies for example pay upwards of £50 per blog post but they have a strict criteria including mozRank score as well as basic sanity checks to make sure they are natural as possible with a social following etc.

I would say you would get quite a bit of interest in this blog outreach service if managed properly. Try and only take on as much work as you can afford time-wise otherwise you could lose customers for being too slow.

The main things for me would be...
    A. Good Quality - as it will not only be for the SEO benefit, but could help with extra referral traffic
    B. Fast Service - I usually need links quicker than can be delivered by most people.

Goodluck if you decide to go ahead with it

20. thecat United Kingdom

thecat Active Member

I can vouch for Jamies work - both the writing and locating of relevant sites/blogs to place the articles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.