Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Has Anybody Sold a Domain on Here This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has sold a domain on here during October? I sold a few very cheap ones but not sure if I have seen a single sale other than that although a lot of sales posts.

Stephen.

Only one for £100 this week, but up around £3.5k for the month in total (10 domains).

Edit: None sold via Acorn if that's what you meant - all end-user direct.

If there has been any sales, there have not been many. Obviously the new Nominet proposal has had an effect, but I think a lot more people are targetting end-users, especially in view of the low prices some domains are going for on Domainlore.

I've been targetting end-users a lot more this last week or so, and have sold two domains I couldn't even get offers on here for a total of £500.

I've sold one for £50. It is certainly very different market conditions from a few years ago.

Rgds

Sounds good - can you give us some sales examples?

Only one for £100 this week, but up around £3.5k for the month in total (10 domains).

Edit: None sold via Acorn if that's what you meant - all end-user direct.

only end-users unless specifically asked or domain wanted. 3 end-user sales pending. 1 this week.

EMD domains have lost value ... its becoming a buyers market

Google pulled the plug on exact match domains ranking bonus

Sold a .co.uk (limestone) here in the 17th/18th.

- Rob

always offers in the pipe for .coms but none I want to take

I think I've sold about five or six domains this month on Acorn But, at Prices akin to a death-wish

Statistically September & October are the busiest time of year.

There are a few influencing factors but all my historical stats showed substantial peaks at this time of the year.

Forum / DL is obviously quieter due to the .uk shakeup

Sold a small product bundle at the start of the month for £500 to a wanted add.
Agreed a sale to another wanted ad for £150 but the buyer went AWOL.
Couldn't raise the price I wanted for my poker domain but did have offers

Sold one .org.uk on DL for £50, cost me £48 to catch plus nom fee?

EMD domains have lost value ... its becoming a buyers market

Google pulled the plug on exact match domains ranking bonus

Sorry, but if you think the only value in EMDs is how Google view them, that's bollocks.

Though I do agree that it's a buyers market atm.

Sold another one today via PM contact/exchange. Not a big sale (£200), but sales are still happening.

- Rob

some people have talked the market into the grave and suddenly domains are worthless which is bollocks. The new .uk doesn't suddenly make .co.uk worthless or shit, google dumping sites is much more of an issue for domainers but people seem obsessed with .uk and the sky falling down.

It's a great time to be buying domains if you're a developer, the internet isn't going anywhere and if you're willing to put effort into building quality sites, there's lot's of fortunes to be made.

+1

I sold r c bikes . co . uk for £800 this month, and had to give 2 domains up to the bbc that i'd had 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom