Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Has Anybody Sold a Domain on Here This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy and rarely sell, and am still buying .co.uk's this month.

The EMD hit doesn't worry me - only really hit thin sites...

I buy cheap domains (£250 or less), and I've not seen many lists of domains for sale here at those prices over the past couple of months, especially compared to previously.

I sold Children.org.uk very recently and a brandable sale maybe in the pipeline too.

Tough to sell at the moment.

Sold +£2K worth of names these past few weeks - all small to mid-range end user sales (easy to generate). Most of the sales have been posted here @ AcornDomains.
The buyers are out there… .UK is having (and will continue to have) ZERO impact on my sales at time of posting.

I've just sent out some emails and sold a org uk for £70.

One I couldn't get £10 for on here probably.

Anyway, doesn't sound a lot, but I've come to the conclusion that it's too easy to delude yourself with domain prices and you should instead work on margins.

If you think about it, buy it for £7, pay the £12 nom fee = £19 in total.

£70 - £19 = £51 profit.

£51 / £70 = 72.86% gross margin.

Not many businesses where you can make that kind of margin.

And at those kinds of prices it's very appealing to businesses.

I've just sent out some emails and sold a org uk for £70.

One I couldn't get £10 for on here probably.

Anyway, doesn't sound a lot, but I've come to the conclusion that it's too easy to delude yourself with domain prices and you should instead work on margins.

If you think about it, buy it for £7, pay the £12 nom fee = £19 in total.

£70 - £19 = £51 profit.

£51 / £70 = 72.86% gross margin.

Not many businesses where you can make that kind of margin.

And at those kinds of prices it's very appealing to businesses.

It's not really a £51 profit though when you think about it. The time that you spend buying the domain, getting it transferred to you, looking for a buyer, emailing them etc.

Yes that's true, but if it's stock that's just sat there and unlikely to sell it's money that otherwise wouldn't have come in, and when re-reg time comes it's either more money out or let it drop.

And as for the time it takes - how much time do we all spend distracted and playing online instead of working? I just redirected that time to doing something more productive.

I reg'd one a couple of weeks ago (a 3 word & quite long couk) and sold it the next day for £400.

That's not a bad hourly rate.

A brandable .co.uk paid this morning at £2.5 k Thank Fu*K.

And yep would have probably made about £100 or so to a domainer (If that)

I'm going to say it was from Acorn, because evidently the buyer spoke to someone (probably from here) to say, could be available , good person to deal with etc etc - So whoever you are Cheers Man (I have asked but the buyer seems to be reluctant to say)

An hour or two of my time worked out exactly who the end-user was (never that hard) so it looks like - Me, the middleman, and the end user are all happy tonight (done and dusted within 48 hours of first contact)

Now if only all deals were that sweet

Last edited:
Yep definately an Acorn sale - thank you Wizard (Sam) And I'm dead chuffed to know what good kudos exists on Acorn.

Know matter how hard times are

Last edited:
Ray

Happy to help glad you got the sale you wanted :)

If you need a domain sold get in touch ill point them your way :D

Yep definately an Acorn sale - thank you Wizard (Sam) And I'm dead chuffed to know what good kudos exists on Acorn.

Know matter how hard times are

Wizard If we could amalgamate all our knowledge - we would be be"Rich kids on the BlocK" without a doubt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom