20i Domains

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by goldie, Sep 19, 2020.

1. goldie United Kingdom

goldie Member

Hi all from another newbie. Been lurking around recently with great interest and now freshly registered. I have a small portfolio, some of which was acquired many years ago with the intention of doing something with (never did). Added more recently that I think might be decent, but in all honesty, I haven’t got a clue if they have any real value. I guess a few are not bad and one or two are simply embarrassing – no don’t even ask!

Aiming to learn more with a view to occasional dabbling rather than diving into domaining proper. I can see it’s a minefield for the inexperienced! Particularly keen to understand more about how and where to sell, which I sense is much more difficult than the buying bit.

This seems like a really friendly place with a lot of very knowledgeable, genuinely helpful members. Thanks to everyone for all the posts / advice given so far. I hope to be able to reciprocate at some point!

Thanks,

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. 3gmedia United Kingdom

3gmedia Active Member Exclusive Member

Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Welcome to the forum, go ahead and post a few of your domains, it's compulsory :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. goldie United Kingdom

goldie Member

Thanks for your kind welcomes. Haha, ok fair enough. Unfortunately I don’t have anything amazing like christmas.co.uk to share (I wish!) but examples of those I would class as reasonable for me include administrate.co.uk (have .uk too) which I registered I think back in 2000 to do a big project that never happened. Had a few enquiries from end users over the years but hadn't thought of selling until recently. Out of nostalgia I also got punkmusic.co.uk which has actually made a huge resurgence, so who knows?

Of the more embarrassing ones (there are a few), I’d include potholessolutions.co.uk which I registered in a flush of excitement following the Chancellor’s March budget announcement of a £2.5bn pothole fund, quickly followed by a rare moment of clarity in which I thought, ok what the **** am I going to do with that? lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, man.

• Like Like x 1