Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How many domains do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just bought a handful the past few weeks which nudged me over the 100 milestone.

Not sure if i can really be classed a domainer just yet though as ive only sold 6 of them to date (best sale £500).

Still learning from the pro's on here....

Last edited:
Wow

Looking at people's domain numbers I'm not even scratching the surface lol

Around 500 for me too. Most .uks. Not a domainer, Just bought for projects or to prevent others in a niche (when EMD meant something) Will most likely trim down to the decent 100 when I can be bothered!

Similar here. Generally when I have a product idea I register all the variants in .com and .co.uk. Currently working on offloading. Down to 201 from 339.

I guess I have around 100... .co.uk and .org.uk. A couple of me.uk.

My favourite co.uk I suppose are:
Plymouth
Southampton
Nottingham
Cardiff

+ Hairdressers

I tend to hold around 20 domains at a time and try to develop the best ones.

I have about 530 - 50 with something on them, about 50 that are expiring or dropping and the remainder are for possible dev.

About 170 now.

Mostly .co.uk's but stopped buying for now until I know more about the .UK thing.

Now Concentrating on development for the ones Iv got....

Around 300 - 80% UK domains. My faves are .coms - ones I am developing but I'm not outing them incase someone ever negative SEOs me! (PPP - Post Penguin Paranoia!). My favourite undevloped .co.uk is bachelorpad.co.uk. Would really love to develop it one day but tough when youre not in the UK.

I'm on about 50 now, down from 100 and still falling. A couple of years ago I would register/buy anything that sounded good or if I had some idea (that would probably never come to fruition) I'd grab and regret. Time, money, direct.uk and other commitments made me realise I'd have to up the quality and down the quantity.

I would register/buy anything that sounded good or if I had some idea (that would probably never come to fruition) I'd grab and regret.

I'm there now but it difficult to sometimes say no. I'm waiting for the 25 hr day, 8 day week to come in with .uk

Have you had any regrets Alex with names you have dropped?

About 100 now, bought around 30 in a niche area in the past 2months that will easily pay for themselves and more,if the last 2 months are anything to go by ,will be dropping around 20 others though unless i can sell them before renewal.
I have mostly dot coms, a few .co.uks, a few .tvs couple of .nets and a few other cctlds

I'm there now but it difficult to sometimes say no. I'm waiting for the 25 hr day, 8 day week to come in with .uk

Have you had any regrets Alex with names you have dropped?

No regrets as such, I wish I hadn’t let insured.at drop, although I can’t see I would have done anything with it (and haven't even visited the URL for a few years). I tended to drop them if I had no use and looking at some of the rubbish and, I admit, TMs that I had registered, there was no benefit in registering them.

Yes, it can be very easy to get addicted to picking up FTRs and bargain basement domains that look like they have potential. Of course, you can regret not registering domains too. Alexjordan.co.uk was available and for years I didn’t see the need. Then the day came when I wanted a homepage, but by then Sedo had registered the domain and needless to say I had to pay a small fortune for it (at least more than a fiver).

Well, at the moment I only own 1 domain name, which is a site I run voluntary for a small volunteer based business I help with occasionally.

Though have owned a few in the past, I should have always snapped up my full name a while back though, may have to try and get that in the future from the other guy who registered it lol.

Payday soon though and have a few which I'm definately registering to start me off with, and a few others that I may do, depending on how much my pay is, haven't had payslip yet.

I'm hoping for maybe 20ish within the next few months to see how things go, and then just take things from there.

As theres also a few suspended ones which I'm hoping to catch before anyone else.

Well, at the moment I only own 1 domain name, which is a site I run voluntary for a small volunteer based business I help with occasionally.

Though have owned a few in the past, I should have always snapped up my full name a while back though, may have to try and get that in the future from the other guy who registered it lol.

Payday soon though and have a few which I'm definately registering to start me off with, and a few others that I may do, depending on how much my pay is, haven't had payslip yet.

I'm hoping for maybe 20ish within the next few months to see how things go, and then just take things from there.

As theres also a few suspended ones which I'm hoping to catch before anyone else.

I think you'll find one great piece of advice cropping up time and time again on here and that's to buy just a few domains to start with and make them work for you until they've earned their keep plus a few quid to buy some decent domains from auction sites such as DomainLore. Buy, develop, reap or sell.
Best of luck.

Now at around 270 having been over 400. I've let a number drop in the last few months with the uncertainty in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom