20i Reseller Hosting

How well does your WP site rank?

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by retired_member36, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member36

retired_member36 Retired Member

Hi

Ive only been using wordpress for a few months and think its great, infact so much so that im in the middle of converting a html design into a custom wordpress theme (should be finished soon).

My Questions:
    How well does your wordpress sites rank for the main keywords?? and is it a highly competetive keyword?

What are the MUST HAVE plugins every wordpress owner should have.?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

Unless you're referring to Wordpress.com hosted sites, it makes no difference to rankings what CMS you use. If you set it up badly obviously you will suffer but the same can be said for any platform (even standard HTML sites).

Why would Google de-value one particular platform? Definitely not. They'll de-value those which get hacked or are full of comment spam, but again that's just the same as they would any site.

Mashable, Deadline.com, WhatCulture.com (ahem), TechCrunch, all use it. In fact, the latter runs on Wordpress.com servers I believe (but obviously have a custom set-up).

If you mean blahblah.wordpress.com type sites, then sure - those are never going to carry the same weight as a custom domain and you'll never be able to build as strong a brand with them.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  4. blognetwork

blognetwork Active Member

All in One SEO Pack and Fast Secure Contact Form

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.