20i Reseller Hosting

infuriating GoDaddy auction list

Discussion in 'Domain Name Auctions' started by Siusaidh, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:53 PM.

1. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

So it's come to my notice that one of my domains is being listed at GoDaddy for $6000.

No, I didn't list it.

No, it's not for sale.

It's part of a 5-domain development scheme.

So I go through the rigmarole of phoning GoDaddy, being put through to the wrong person, who puts me through to another wrong person, and I get referred to a website link that has nothing whatsoever to do with my complaint. So I'm emailing complaints, and I know I really shouldn't hold my breath.

:mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

Seems to be some issue with domains that have been listed with GoDaddy in the past but are now owned by someone else. There should be some automatic check that removes them from GoDaddy when the registrant changes or whatever.

4. webber United Kingdom

webber Active Member

You can only list domains on GoDaddy Auctions if you have access to the DNS to add a verification code as a TXT record.
    So probably the domain was listed before you acquired it?

5. Ben Thomas

It’s the same with DAN. I’ve bought portfolios before and listed them to find out that some of the domains were already in someone else’s account. Not exactly the same but, same problem. Guess it’s too resource intensive to run nameserver/registrant checks every day to look for changes of ownership.

6. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Just get over it if it’s not for sale then it’s been listed before and not removed just ask afternic to remove :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ben Thomas

I think the post was talking about how she is trying to do exactly that (and how hard the process is) not sure why you have the attitude.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Its simple stuff speak to afternic it’s easy they fix this all the time for me this happens loads daily in fact for me....

• Agree Agree x 1