Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is Bitcoin the Next Big Thing?

Yes the JP Morgan statement came out before the latest DIP, Any well versed crypto tech investor would not consider JP Morgan's advice to be credible.
The Dip was down to Charlie Lee's comments regarding Chinese exchanges.

We saw a Dip when China banned ICO's but this quickly faded away and personally I am glad this mad ICO craze has had a bit of bad press.
We are seeing recovery from this morning already and we will see a full recovery in a few days - week once clarity is restored from FUD.

I can't see BTC going below $3500 again and when a little dip happens like this, just consider it a sale day :)

But going off topic. LISK, Ethereum and Stratis are great investments at the moment also.

Agreed on ICO stuff. It will be a push for regulation which is a good thing. Its a bit wild west at the moment.

I'm dipping into it with ripple at the moment. Still cheap and gaining traction with various banks and moved in india etc.

Yes Ripple has a bright future and its cheap at tthe moment but the only thing is that its market cap is too big for me to invest. You will make profit for sure but not life changing profit. I believe there are still a select few ALT coins / tokens that will give you that magic 50x - 100x return within the next 5 years.

I am not talking about ALT's that are just different forms of crypto currency but that are technologies that will transform how the world and all its instruments operate in the future.

Last edited:
General concensus is that by end of year it should be heading towards a dollar. Its about 0.19 at the mo. They are putting a huge chunk of supply in escrow october i think and various other things happening that should mean a good bump.

Theyve also just opened in india and are making huge inroads with banks for cross border transactions.

And its fast :) Unlike bank transfers that take 1-3 days and pause over the weekend with large fee's. (Whats that all about) :)

Check out Bancor. Very interesting / exciting ...

Poloniex is filling up with green as we speak.

will do . cheers. What wallet to you use? Im on etoro which is essentially like trading CFDs. Also means i can trade shares/ fx on same account though

The exchanges in china will just move their operations like Binance (BNB) has, just in case. Also Binance have said that even being an exchange based in China over 80% of its users are not from China.

I'm not well-versed in cryptocurrency, but does anyone think there'll be a market for borrowing BTC or ETH? I ask as I speculatively regged a few .coms of this type a while ago.

I'm not well-versed in cryptocurrency, but does anyone think there'll be a market for borrowing BTC or ETH? I ask as I speculatively regged a few .coms of this type a while ago.

I do. Gambling also. We are rapidly heading towards a cashless world ( not no currency, just no physical cash) Where there is a niche it will be filled.

John goes in at $3500 dollars, bill goes in at $3550. Tom went in at $200 and sells at $4000, the price plummets to $500 john and bill sell and lick their wounds having no more money to invest. Tom goes back in with his gains ( or john and bills money ) right up to $10,000 and sells again taking all the suckers money who have been told they are going to make a fortune. Who is responsible for regulating this to make sure it's not a racket controlled by racketeers.

John goes in at $3500 dollars, bill goes in at $3550. Tom went in at $200 and sells at $4000, the price plummets to $500 john and bill sell and lick their wounds having no more money to invest. Tom goes back in with his gains ( or john and bills money ) right up to $10,000 and sells again taking all the suckers money who have been told they are going to make a fortune. Who is responsible for regulating this to make sure it's not a racket controlled by racketeers.

If John and Bill got in at that price they'd currently be at pucker factor 10. Seems rumours that chinese exchanges will stop trading in a few days have the chinese dumping . Another large tank currently in progress.

bubble-phases-1024x686.jpg

I din't 'get' bitcoin or blockchain technology for a long time but this year I have been converted. The fixes to real-world issues cannot be ignored. ICOs have really bad press, and in the majority of cases, for a very good reason, but many are really going to change the world. The great thing is that we are still at such an early stage and anyone who thought they were too late to join the party, isn't. See www.aventus.io, www.powerledger.io, www.matryx.ai, www.datum.org - just a few businesses that are set to do big things thanks to blockchain.

If your coins are with a 3rd party your risk is that their server gets hacked and your coins stolen, check their T&Cs on what you get if this happens.

The only truly safe way is to keep your wallet.dat file on multiple USB sticks completely offline, so people put them in a bank vault.

I don't know if the article is still there but there must be loads of references online about it.

Try it yourself, copy your wallet.dat from one machine to another and open it with your Windows client, if you can open it then you can transfer the coins away.

Admin

I only buy coin that I can keep on my Ledger Nano - https://www.ledgerwallet.com. It supports BTC, LTC, anything based on Etherium, among others.

Glad I exchanged all my bitcoin cash for bitcoin last week!

Glad I exchanged all my bitcoin cash for bitcoin last week!

Its a holder I guess. There are long term predictions that Bitcoin could end up at 40/50 k . All guess work though. I'm waiting for the ripple climb at the mo.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom