Public Benefit Nominet EGM

Is Fresh.Hosting any good?

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by careybaird, Mar 20, 2019.

1. careybaird

careybaird from Fresh Store Builder

Hey guys and gals,

I am not a domainer and more focused on my software, but I picked up this domain for a project that isn't happening anymore.

I know that it's classed as "Premium" on namecheap, and to register from new would be about $400. However, I am locked in for $20/year on it.

As per the title, the domain is fresh.hosting

Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. gimpydog United Kingdom

gimpydog Active Member

Some ngtlds really work where they span the dot, such as free.hosting or unlimited.hosting. On that basis' I would question why you are renewing this one.

Having said that, Google throws up some potential customers in the shape of...

freshwebsitehosting.com
    freshsites.co.uk
    freshwebonline.co.uk
    freshwebservices.com
    freshdesignstudio.com
    etc...

so maybe it's not so bad & you could pitch it to them - if you're the sort of person who likes likes to 'reach out'.

Sell it or drop it & don't get sucked into this whole 'premium' thing again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. careybaird

Thanks for the feedback @gimpydog , that makes sense with a congruent word like "cheap" or "fast" being worth more.. whereas "fresh" is more about branding and needs the right buyer

I didn't pay premium for it of course :cool: It just got re-branded as premium after I registered it for $20, I guess because it's a single word

5. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

It the registry now consider it premium, you'll probably find that you're not "locked in" to that $20 price and renewal will be $400 after whatever term you already paid for. The ability of the registrar to gouge the renewal price after purchase is one of the reasons I refuse to touch the new gTLDs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. blacknight Ireland

blacknight Active Member

Check what the renewal price is. Uniregistry upped the pricing on .hosting and other TLDs a few months ago, though they then added in a "grandfathering" for some of the existing names.

• Like Like x 1
  7. careybaird

Not true, I renewed it last week. It was showing the "Premium" price but talking to Namecheap support and they confirmed it should be locked in at $20/year