Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Kieren McCarthy to join Nominet Board

I'll be honest and say it isn't something I had specifically been thinking about asking for. But if you wanted to, I suppose you could ask to see all NDAs signed by the company. Unless you had an idea what they related to, which would speed things up.

You also wouldn't know if any had been purposefully withheld and I think that's what this all boils down to. The company has a history of obfuscation - who knows, maybe deception - and for me, I simply don't trust them. To be balanced, I do think the greed and self serving nature of drop catchers has damaged the cause of the ordinary members and has helped foster a culture of them and us.

Can you ask to see ALL NDA's because I'd question how you would know where to look if an NDA had been used to cover-up or silence someone?

I don't think I would make a blanket request. If there was something specific you were concerned about, I think it would be more effective to make a focussed request.

But if you wanted to, I suppose you could ask to see all NDAs signed by the company.

What about if that knowledge could be considered a conflict?

To use you as an example, what if that NDA revealed something about a competitor of a member who had you on retainer?

What about if that knowledge could be considered a conflict?

To use you as an example, what if that NDA revealed something about a competitor of a member who had you on retainer?

That's a hypothetical now, since I am not on retainer to anyone at the moment. Open to offers though! ;)

But if it related to a client, it would be subject to the usual confidantiality rules. I can't tell client A that client B is doing something. In the same way, I could not tell a client something (NDA or otherwise) that was confidential to Nominet that I learnt as a director. It's not that difficult if you're used to keeping things in separate legal boxes.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom