Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Low cost domain renewals

Reaction score
Looking to renew my .co.uk's at as close to wholesale cost as possible. They are currently with OVH and internetbs, but their renewal costs are pretty outrageous despite being some of the cheapest.

Netcetera seems to be the cheapest for renewals at the moment, at £4.68+VAT; but unfortunately their billing software/whmcs means that the interface is less than desirable for transfering multiple domains.

I'm surprised theres such a lack of competitive pricing for .co.uk's in general like there is for gTLD's, with several registrars offering them near cost price as their standard pricing.

Anyone know a registrar that doesnt have more than a 20% markup? :)

Unfortunately, you’ll find most registrars have a fair amount of markup. UK Domains are £3.90/yr + VAT at wholesale.

I personally run a wholesale program that offers domains such as .uk for only £5/yr (No VAT) for a single annual membership fee.

Unfortunately, we also use whmcs and haven’t had sufficient up take to warrant the £100/yr license for a modules garden theme that makes bulk transfers easier.

You’ll find most registers either use a proprietary system (like OVH), but offer higher prices or use whmcs which doesn’t support bulk transfers by default.

Thanks for the reply.

internetbs have "wire only" pricing, which brings it down to £5+VAT for renewals. It still seems too much to me. Especially when I have 600 domains to renew next year. I'll hold out for an offer somewhere. Never know.

Would it be cheaper simply to become a registrar yourself? Initial outlay but after that the £120 annual membership fee would mean you would end up paying £4.84 a year for each of 600 renewals (after VAT).

Thanks for the reply.

internetbs have "wire only" pricing, which brings it down to £5+VAT for renewals. It still seems too much to me. Especially when I have 600 domains to renew next year. I'll hold out for an offer somewhere. Never know.

The wholesale cost including VAT is £4.68. Unfortunately, businesses do have to make money some way or another.

You may want to look into becoming a self managed registrar. There is a £400+VAT joining fee, after that renewal is £100+VAT per annum.

All domains will then cost you £3.90+VAT. Around £2800/yr including vat for 600 domains. Compared to £3600 including vat with InternetBS Wire Rates.

Even when adding on the membership fee, you’d save £700/yr. The equivalent of almost 150 domains. For the first year, your savings would be only around £200 compared to InternetBS due to the joining fee, but going forward you’d save £700/yr

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom