Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Magento Hosting Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think i have it boiled down to 2 companies EVO hosting or simple servers.

I want something Magento specific, i already have a dedicated server but have 4 reasonable magento sites on that already so want a hosted solution till the new site can afford its own dedicated.

Can anyone recommend either of the above companies or any others?

Thank you

Jon

I researched for ages, found 1 company used them but found them to be very slow even though they had claimed to be magento hosting experts!

I eventually found these guys Nimbus Hosting who have packages dedicated to Magento, seem very good price as well compared to what others I found (please note link is an affiliate link)

Hi Max, is that who you use?

I contacted EVO but they said it would be better to run Magento from a VPS which i thought was very honest. They do say they are better than most the shared hosting suppliers as more ram etc.

Magento is a tricky animal! Can do everything almost out the box but by god its a hog

I researched for ages, found 1 company used them but found them to be very slow even though they had claimed to be magento hosting experts!

I eventually found these guys Nimbus Hosting who have packages dedicated to Magento, seem very good price as well compared to what others I found (please note link is an affiliate link)

I have run Magento on Evo before with no problems, Toby there is very helpful.

Evo do offer VPS/Dedicated etc, but in limited amounts, it maybe worth you asking if they have spaces :)

Think memset also do magento hosting. Decent uk hosting company rom all accounts.

Thank you all for recommendations. I might go with Evo and see how i get on

I think i have it boiled down to 2 companies EVO hosting or simple servers.

I want something Magento specific, i already have a dedicated server but have 4 reasonable magento sites on that already so want a hosted solution till the new site can afford its own dedicated.

Can anyone recommend either of the above companies or any others?

Thank you

Jon

Magento can be resource hungry. You need to have tuned Magento software but also tuned webserver/database software on the server side. This can make a huge difference to both capacity and site load speeds.

How big is the site and how much do you expect it to grow?

I also second a VPS (one that you can upgrade as needed) and then transfer to a dedicated when the resources determine you need one.

Happy to answer any further questions if it helps (we host quite a few big Magento sites)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom