Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Monthly pageviews target hit

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just hit one of my arbitrary targets i set myself... 1 million pageviews in the last 30 days on my adsense sites. Anyone else growing adsense, setting targets, what have you achieved...?

Congrats Admin,

Just out of interest, how many clicks do 1 million views roughly generate?

I have set myself some targets when it comes to affiliate income which I am close to hitting but my main target has been to work less and spend more time doing fun stuff.

Over the last year I have sold some of my websites and automated/outsourced the things I didn´t enjoy doing.

Congrats Steven, that is a nice milestone.

I only have a single adsense website and have neglected it for a long time. In 2016 my stats were Impressions 593,240 - Clicks 1,850 - CTR 0.31%, which I guess are pretty poor.

Going back as far as 2008 though they are much more positive; no idea what I was doing back then! Impressions 11,799,516 - Clicks 22,694 - CTR 0.19%

How many sites do you mind me asking ? Obviously You can get that with one, but wondered how spread out that is and how much work involved to get to that level .

2 sites contribute over half of those clicks. 10 sites contribute over 90%.

The same month last year clicks were less than half the number even though pageviews were 800k.

The same month the year before that i only had 53 clicks the whole month. So its all pretty recent. Achieved through buying existing sites and then improving them in terms if design/UI, ad placement and SEO / organic traffic. I couldnt quantify the work gone in, but ongoing it could be very low it just depends how motivated you are to earn and how hard you want to work to achieve further gains.

Tax demotivates me and will probably quash some of my ambition going forward. Sad.

Have had 2 Adsense accounts banned without a reason over the last couple of years.

Really want to get back using Adsense, just not sure how to get a new account.

Considering opening a new one using my Spanish details, not sure if it would work though.

Have had 2 Adsense accounts banned without a reason over the last couple of years.

Really want to get back using Adsense, just not sure how to get a new account.

Considering opening a new one using my Spanish details, not sure if it would work though.

Scary. I really should look into a backup account.

2 sites contribute over half of those clicks. 10 sites contribute over 90%.

The same month last year clicks were less than half the number even though pageviews were 800k.

The same month the year before that i only had 53 clicks the whole month. So its all pretty recent. Achieved through buying existing sites and then improving them in terms if design/UI, ad placement and SEO / organic traffic. I couldnt quantify the work gone in, but ongoing it could be very low it just depends how motivated you are to earn and how hard you want to work to achieve further gains.

Wow. Nice. In year. i'm aiming for that sort level. Im sure 14000 clicks is a nice income.

I've just hit one of my arbitrary targets i set myself... 1 million pageviews in the last 30 days on my adsense sites. Anyone else growing adsense, setting targets, what have you achieved...?

Congrats, good to have targets! 1 million pageviews is pretty impressive.
Never used adsense but we rely on Adwords. Right now working on trying to get some sort of ROI on our new campaigns.

It seems harder than ever to make money on PPC traffic in any competitive industry. My aim now is normally to hit breakeven and leverage the volume for better deals. Google essentially has a highly efficient machine for maximizing their cut

Tax demotivates me and will probably quash some of my ambition going forward. Sad.

Are you paying UK or Spanish tax? New dividend tax rules have hit quite hard here but probably overdue.

I don't mind paying tax in principle. I'm proud of contributing. I just wish the playing field was level. Do sometimes feel a bit of a mug when I see competitors (legally) hiding everything offshore.

Especially frustrating when they're mouthing off about patriotism and taking the country back while siphoning off the profits

Wow. Nice. In year. i'm aiming for that sort level. Im sure 14000 clicks is a nice income.

Sure it will be but depends how much the clicks are worth - could be 4p or 4 quid

@bonusmedia thanks... dont know if you want expert help on your adwords but @martin-s might be able to help.

Sadly I pay tax in Spain and its pretty horrendous, no breaks, incentives, deductions. It could be the silicon valley of europe down here in this stable and beautiful part of the world if the government had any vision. I'd prefer to be UK tax resident. I know the dividend rules have changed but they are still fantastic!? Is this how most entrepreneurs, contracters, self employed people manage their tax affairs in the UK? I should start a relevant thread on this in the appropriate section. I fundamentally disagree with the unlimited tax burden system. Nearly half of my clicks are for the tax man. Happy to pay my share....but.

Are you paying UK or Spanish tax? New dividend tax rules have hit quite hard here but probably overdue.

I don't mind paying tax in principle. I'm proud of contributing. I just wish the playing field was level. Do sometimes feel a bit of a mug when I see competitors (legally) hiding everything offshore.

The new dividend rules are a pain in the ass...

Based on previous discussions I know you're aware of SEIS/EIS tax relief on investments. Our IFA has recommended a few low risk in/out type EIS funds aimed at leveling the playing field a little. Returns are only around 8% but when you take into account the tax relief it becomes huge.

Things like renewable energy, TV/Film/Music royalties etc...

/tangent

@bonusmedia thanks... dont know if you want expert help on your adwords but @martin-s might be able to help.

Sadly I pay tax in Spain and its pretty horrendous, no breaks, incentives, deductions. It could be the silicon valley of europe down here in this stable and beautiful part of the world if the government had any vision. I'd prefer to be UK tax resident. I know the dividend rules have changed but they are still fantastic!? Is this how most entrepreneurs, contracters, self employed people manage their tax affairs in the UK? I should start a relevant thread on this in the appropriate section. I fundamentally disagree with the unlimited tax burden system. Nearly half of my clicks are for the tax man. Happy to pay my share....but.

Ouch. I guess it's easy to take the UK system for granted

The new dividend rules are a pain in the ass...

Based on previous discussions I know you're aware of SEIS/EIS tax relief on investments. Our IFA has recommended a few low risk in/out type EIS funds aimed at leveling the playing field a little. Returns are only around 8% but when you take into account the tax relief it becomes huge.

Things like renewable energy, TV/Film/Music royalties etc...

/tangent

Interesting. I do like SEIS and EIS, SEIS especially has been fantastic for startups - but obviously they're aimed at encouraging taking risk, if it ends up being a way to save tax without the risk I fear they'll squash it.

I like renewable energy for long term income, TV/Film/Music is too exotic for me, there doesn't seem to be any rational way to pick winners

BTW if anyone fancies an EIS opportunity with an ideal team and fantastic traction check out Tutora on Crowdcube. It's a marketplace model for the tutoring industry, they are taking over at a rate of knots. Very good guys.

I like renewable energy for long term income, TV/Film/Music is too exotic for me, there doesn't seem to be any rational way to pick winners

Ah, see with these you don't need to be able to pick them. They're funds spread over multiple investments which are designed to be wrapped up once the 3 year min for EIS is hit so you can exit as soon after that as possible.

So more for short(er) term tax benefits than long term hold.

Ah, see with these you don't need to be able to pick them. They're funds spread over multiple investments which are designed to be wrapped up once the 3 year min for EIS is hit so you can exit as soon after that as possible.

So more for short(er) term tax benefits than long term hold.

Got a link?

Got a link?

Not exactly as it's all done through our finance guy and there are tons of different funds available. The ones he's recommended for us all have a projected exit of between 3 to 4 years with a target return of 8% PA.

Can get bigger target returns but the likelyhood of needing to hold longer is greater, as is the risk. Plus getting your money out means you can reinvest and get the tax benefits again sooner.

I did a quick google search and found this list that shows the different type of funds available: https://www.kuberventures.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Kuber-Inv-Funds-at-a-glance-12.12.16.pdf

Some have defined exit strategies, others have longer hold periods but with eyes on bigger returns. Split your money between funds and you'll obviously reduce risk (of both loss and the need for long term holding).

I'd speak to an IFA though, that's just to give you an idea of the type of thing that's around.

Ps. Looks like the renewable energy EIS's were banned a couple of years ago for being 'not in the spirit of the scheme'. They were ridiculously easy in/out though, so that's probably why.

Congratulations, that's a very significant milestone. And clearly you are refining a process that works well, so it should be possible to keep scaling that success.

On the tax point, you have my sympathy. But it's always worth keeping in mind that 50% of something can still be much more than 100% of nothing.

In other words, well done... and keep going!

Have you tried different ad sizes/placements etc?

I suppose it depends on a lot of factors, but 14,214 clicks from 1 million views seems like there's room for improvement

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom