Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Domain Marketing Service

Out of the 2 packages I bought 9 days ago, 1 gold and 1 silver I received my report for the gold (but no follow ups occured as part of the service that was advertised at the point of purchasing it), I have not received anything for the silver package yet..

I noticed AFTER I paid for the packages most of the terms and conditions were updated on the website with increased turnaround times and the follow up service that is part of the gold package seems to have been removed completely.

On the gold report there was supposedly 3 email opens listed against 1 particular company (as well as others) so I decided to follow it up myself however the email bounced back... not sure what to make of that. 3 email opens reported but from a non functioning email..

Can't say I will be using the service again personally.

interesting. The follow up was why i went for the gold. It was there when i ordered.

The original url seems offline at the moment? Not sure what to make of that?

http://domainmanage.com/domain-marketing/

update.jpg

I placed a total of 25 orders....That led to 11 offers, 3 confirmed sales totalling (£1,500) - and 4 more in the pipeline....

Been doing a lot of follow up on my own.......

I placed a total of 25 orders....That led to 11 offers, 3 confirmed sales totalling (£1,500) - and 4 more in the pipeline....

Been doing a lot of follow up on my own.......

How are you following up? I did a follow up on my Gold order that went out last week. I just sent them another email asking whether they were interested in making an offer on the domain name.

No bites so far!

My follow up template:

We contacted you and a few other companies regarding the XXX.co.uk domain name.

It is currently available for sale and would serve well as a redirect (e.g. - champagne.co.uk is redirected to the champagne company) or more importantly as a one pager that you could market to generate leads with. Currently there seems to be a huge trend towards Facebook ads and this domain is instantly recognisable for the niche if you were to go down that route.

Either way, this domain is on a first come first serve basis. I will take any offer over £250 seriously.

If you had any questions at all, you can email me back or call me on xxxxxx

Best Regards

Vim

Listen I've only had 3 sales....bunch of offers but the buggers aren't closing and I'm GREAT at selling....

Sent a follow up on a bunch of domains today - testing out new subject lines and new email bodies - got another bite on a domain that didn't go through earlier...but wasn't verified :( So who knows if another time waster...
(proof attached)....

Attachments

• Snip20170519_7.png
    Snip20170519_7.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 143
We contacted you and a few other companies regarding the XXX.co.uk domain name.

I'm confused, didn't DM send out the initial enquiries for your domains? If so, by sending a follow up from another name/email etc with "we contacted you"; doesn't that confuse the lead?

I will take any offer over £250 seriously.

Might want to re-word that part.

I purchased 3 golds, got the reports today which is why I asked how everyone else was getting on. No bites on mine yet, like @dee said it could just be the domains I selected so I'm open minded .

Having said that the email reports that was done, there was 5 or 6 emails to the same company and I felt the over all email selection, could have been better. I mean one particular instance was that out of 100 emails sent, it was actually only to 10 - 20 companies and mailing every email address they could find for that company. As an example, out of the 20 emails which were classed as "opened" , 5 we're from the same company

[email protected] opened 32 times
[email protected] opened 1 times
[email protected] opened 8 times
[email protected] opened 4 times
[email protected] opened 15 times

If I get a response, or more to the point a closure on a sale then ill gladly stand corrected, but at the moment ill watch to see how others get on before taking another plunge .

Hmmm

How does the system know it has been read/opened that many times? Are leads suppose to click a link to visit the domain page and details?

Hi,

Just an update on this service.

Firstly thank you to everyone who was involved in trailing it and helped me get it of the ground - and anyone who ordered!
I will be the first to admit that it needs some refining and it was really a BETA release that is now being updated.

In the week that it was online we had around 5k of offers and about 2k of confirmed sales.

I will be upfront about this service - this was not domain brokerage (which some people were confused about) but a lead generation service based on sending targeted emails. I will be the first to admit that some of the emails went awry and the quality was not there.
Anyone who was really dissatisfied had a refund and anyone else welcome to PM me if they are disgruntled :)

A few things that came out of this process good and bad and that effect the chances of a close:

• the quality of the domains submitted (too generic, some were just terrible domains nobody wants sorry!)
  • some out of date and deluded price expectations :eek:
  • no BIN often results in cold turkey - these people are not domainers
  • in order to close some sales it can take 1, 2 or more follow up e-mails - or a phone call even (on the email opens especially) (we're only kicking things off)
  • when they want it bad you'll get an offer within hours and and an easy close
  • when you get a bite we still have to overcome - unbelievably no paypal, no idea about domain registrars (fair enough), how to do a transfer etc (fair enough).
  • you need to pay the transfer hit or include it in your price if there is one - nothing must stand in the way of the sale at the critical moment.
  • the credibility of 'you' the domain owner - this is a cold contact, its clear that googling some domain owners are just a ghost or have no means to be contacted is not going to cut it with some end users with the amount of fraud and hacks going around: result = cold turkey
  • LLL & brandables require a different service
  • domainers = good at buying but often bad at selling (negotiating), difficult to do much about this.
My best successes were using the 'Lead Gen' mode for the 'my domain company' as a one page lander linking off of the main sales page, so the user has chance to make an offer under no pressure (no offer just make contact), hits basic credibility criteria of being contactable.

Last edited:
Hmmm

How does the system know it has been read/opened that many times? Are leads suppose to click a link to visit the domain page and details?

The software we use tracks e-mail opens. The domain manage offer/sales page verifies e-mail address of end user offers.

@DomainManage Your inbox is full so i've just sent you an email regarding a refund on the silver package domain I never received anything for.

Thanks.

If people pay do you accept and try? or do you refuse some domains

Hi Murray,

We will never take money off anyone if we don't think it has a chance to work.

Anything that did not work in our launch has been refunded. I want the service to be as honest and transparent as possible, I want people to be happy with their purchase and ultimately make some sales as a result - a win win for everyone.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom