Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Maitenance

Reaction score
No your hosted chasing is not down - nominet are performing 'maintenance' again supposedly from 19:00 - 22:00 - DAC/EPP/Whois are not working during this period.

Thanks for the heads-up - time to rebalance my quotas to batter that last few hours!

That's fine, I'll spend all day chasing whichever domain drops last anyway :)

But Robs list of public backorders will all likely have dropped by then :D

Doesn't matter if they drop during the maintenance window, nobody else can register them til the maintenance is over anyway. It'll be like RoR all over again!

True. I hate maintenance days - a write off. Although yesterday there were 20 orders - I chased the one that dropped last... and didn't get it. So doesn't matter at the moment it seems.

Doesn't matter if they drop during the maintenance window, nobody else can register them til the maintenance is over anyway. It'll be like RoR all over again!
Wouldn't be surprised if they've introduced the ROR system with this unusual 3 hour maintenance period, and simply forget to tell us!

Lol I'm just amazed there's anyone there to actually do anything.
They'll always be there if there is an opportunity to pat each other on the back...followed by a timely bonus cheque for a job well done.

True. I hate maintenance days - a write off. Although yesterday there were 20 orders - I chased the one that dropped last... and didn't get it. So doesn't matter at the moment it seems.

Someone else in the same world as me o_O

It would've been nice for them to *improve* connections. Instead I'm just seeing a lot of slow responses - maybe they downgraded to a Pentium 1 :p

I emailed technical support (as per their maintenance page) and said 'has everything slowed down?' to which I got an email that said 'there was maintenance yesterday and, during maintenance, connections were dropped' *facepalm* So I'm wondering what exactly it is they checked and what the point of maintenance was.

Dont look to close...

h5B8231A1

I think I'm missing the point :p
Anyway tested from 4 different locations and all are running slower so that, combined with no response (about the actual question) from nominet, suggests that's how they want it to run after the 'maintenance'.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom