20i Reseller Hosting

Outbound to a marketing executive - personal email or business?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Hashim, May 10, 2020.

1. Hashim United Kingdom

Hashim Member

Hi

As part of my outbound for my domain names I need to get in touch with some people at a big company, but a tool I just came across (RocketReach.co) also lists their personal emails as well as their company ones.

I'm wondering whether - in particular for marketing executives based in the UK - sending my outbound mail to a personal email would be a good idea to rise above the noise, or considered too intrusive. What are others' thoughts and experiences on this?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Hashim United Kingdom

Hashim Member

Some background: I saw this article yesterday, which made some good points and made me wonder whether sending to the personal address would make you stand out more to those working in high level positions in marketing. In the article he argues that personal emails and even DMing on LinkedIn and Twitter are more preferable when you have to send a generic business emails:

It seems a convincing argument and I was wondering what other's thoughts were on it

4. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Retired Member

5. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

You would need to consider where the personal email was scrapped from, otherwise you could literally be spamming them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

GDPR ^

• Winner Winner x 1