Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Perfect working dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this haha- that was the idea.

I do still want to go and live in Thailand at some point, i've also just recently become single too, however my websites don't make me nearly enough money at the moment- so I guess that's something I have to work on, and save some money up too.

Great thread- has really got me thinking.

200 quid a month for accommodation, £1-£1.50 a meal, £1-1.50 for a beer in a bar and £1.50 for pack of Marlboro lights. And that's in an expensive part of Thailand. What you waiting for?!! :)

200 quid a month for accommodation, £1-£1.50 a meal, £1-1.50 for a beer in a bar and £1.50 for pack of Marlboro lights. And that's in an expensive part of Thailand. What you waiting for?!! :)

£200? What sort of accommodation can you get for that- a shed?

I think earning a Western income, and living there would be the dream.

Yes, when I saw the discussion about Thailand, I took a quick look at what you could rent for say £1,200-£1,500 a month and you could well find yourself with a 250m2+ penthouse apartment in a desirable part of Bangkok, with several-times-a-week maid/cleaning service into the bargain.

Yes, when I saw the discussion about Thailand, I took a quick look at what you could rent for say £1,200-£1,500 a month and you could well find yourself with a 250m2+ penthouse apartment in a desirable part of Bangkok, with several-times-a-week maid/cleaning service into the bargain.

Thinking about it myself - I've got one or two invites. (distant family that moved there) However, I'm not sure I could withstand all the temptations. Maybe i'll just visit and (who knows) minus the population down by one (honourably) on the way back. ;)

Last edited:
£200? What sort of accommodation can you get for that- a shed?

www.phuketmuaythaihouse.com - it does me!

http://www.signaturephuket.com/ - this is on the same road and nicer but £600 a month. I don't need to live anywhere fancy though... for now.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention daily cleaning/towels too... which is GREAT for the cos I'm lazy as they come. Guess that's what IM does do you!

I'd love to live the life of someone like Tim Ferris or Chris Guillebeau, blog, sell products, travel the world and make money from telling the rest of us!

If you were to move outside the tourist areas and forget hotels and live like a local you could live on £200 all in per month. I personally would have to go live here for a month first before making a decision

I'm living this dream, provide SEO services to UK companies and live in a villa in Spain. Never met over 90% of my clients which is the way I like it. Totally disenchanted with the UK, could not consider ever going back, the wall to wall sunshine and fabulous culture in rural andalucia is too good... it should be illegal.

Oh dear! Are you sure you are emigrating! It basically an expats identity number, you cannot do anything in Spain without one.

Ah ok, moved to several countries but have always been registered back home, pay my taxes back home, insured back home.

I normally just move and see how things go from there :D

Just had a look and it seems you only need it when your planning to buy/sell property.

We will be renting an apartment via the company my gf will be working for don't think I actually need one.

Ah ok, moved to several countries but have always been registered back home, pay my taxes back home, insured back home.

I always just move and see how things go from there :D

Just had a look and it seems you only need it when your planning to buy/sell property.

We will be renting an apartment via the company my gf will be working for don't think I actually need one.

Trust me, you need it for a lot more than buying/selling property. Rent an apartment , you would need it, get a telephone line, electricity bill, mobile phone contract....

Moved to Spain three days ago, should have done this much earlier.

This is the affiliate dream I pictured myself when starting out as an affiliate, I work a bit in the morning, answer emails in the afternoon while enjoying a three euro lunch and work a bit more in the afternoon.

I have said to myself to only work six hours a day and that's it.

Removed myself from all crap email lists, stopped using Twitter and limited Facebook to max 20 minds a day to make sure I can focus on real work during those six hours.

The last two years I have worked 12 hours a day building sites, selling domains and trying to get my business off the ground, and being able to live a life like this now really feels like an achievement.

Moved to Spain three days ago, should have done this much earlier.

This is the affiliate dream I pictured myself when starting out as an affiliate, I work a bit in the morning, answer emails in the afternoon while enjoying a three euro lunch and work a bit more in the afternoon.

I have said to myself to only work six hours a day and that's it.

Removed myself from all crap email lists, stopped using Twitter and limited Facebook to max 20 minds a day to make sure I can focus on real work during those six hours.

The last two years I have worked 12 hours a day building sites, selling domains and trying to get my business off the ground, and being able to live a life like this now really feels like an achievement.

Congratulations mate! Let me know how you get on. I really need to take a leaf out of your book with the 6 hours of work max thing. I know for a fact that what I do in 12 hours could very easily be done in half the time.....

.... I guess that's the problem (if you can possibly call it a problem). If you don't have kids and don't work a full time job, what do you do with your time? That's what I'm trying to get my head around at the moment. There's only so many times you can go to the beach in a week!

Good to hear that, moving from the UK to rural Spain in 3 weeks ;-)

Good for you mate, I'd never go back to Britain now. Watch yourself for British assholes in Spain, god knows theres enough of them. Luckily here in Greece the Greeks tend to tell them to feck off.

One knob I met last year actually said "basically what we want is London in the sun". Needless to say I told him where to go. Some peoples stupidity amazes me.

Congratulations Prodomains, it is really a great feeling of achievement when you can make such a big change to your life and know you have earned it!
Congratulations mate! Let me know how you get on. I really need to take a leaf out of your book with the 6 hours of work max thing. I know for a fact that what I do in 12 hours could very easily be done in half the time.....

.... I guess that's the problem (if you can possibly call it a problem). If you don't have kids and don't work a full time job, what do you do with your time? That's what I'm trying to get my head around at the moment. There's only so many times you can go to the beach in a week!

This can be a big problem wherever you are (especially if you used to have a beach and don't anymore!). I think it's a mental shift that takes time - I had no problems filling my days as a teenager or student but there were a lot more friends around with free time. As an expat I found most others in the same situation were old men on pensions arguing over which bar had the cheapest beer which I found a bit depressing

I love travel so now find when I get back there is plenty to do but I also think if you get strict with yourself and cut down on the faff so you do finish after your 6 hrs you then start finding more fun things to fill the extra time-if not your work just expands to fill it

Just arrived in Dubai for a week, enjoy the snow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom