Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Perfect working dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about sustainable cashflow i.e. revenue streams.

I completely agree, and whilst I still do lots of work for other people, I am slowly building my own sites which are gradually building up a recurring income. My little dream is to stop working other folk and live from my own web-based income. Then my time can be used looking after my own garden, not other peoples.

Incidentally, I know quite a few millionaires, they aren't any happier than me.

@dragon - Thanks Matt, it's been tough but I'd do most of it again. Sweden is a beautiful country (especially the further North you go) and I've made some wonderful new friends which is why I'm keen to stress that I'm to blame for the failure, it'd be arrogant to go to another country and expect them to change to suit me.

We also got to see Northern Lights on an almost nightly basis which was pretty special.

@pred - We think alike on many things, I'm watching my twenty-five year old son and his girlfriend looking for their first house together at the moment and seeing them priced out of the market because of property developers is frustrating. If people want to make money, why not invest in small businesses that will produce jobs and help grow the economy rather than houses which drives the price of renting or buying a house that no one has any money left to spend by the time they've paid their rent or mortgage.

I think where the UK has gone wrong is that we've allowed our national pride to be eroded by labelling it racism. We've tricked our youngsters into continuing in education rather than creating real jobs for them. We've allowed people to become lazy and feckless and happy to sit on their arse while the state pays them dole and housing benefit. We think that cleaning a toilet is below us and a job for a Polish immigrant.

I could go on but even though I say all of this, there's something about the British that you can't describe, we care and that seems to be missing in much of Europe.

This whole experience has left me feeling ultra British and I sincerely hope that the Scots don't vote for independence because while we've many differences, we're brothers at heart and we've too much shared history to throw away because of politics. The Scots, English and Welsh aren't Europeans, they're British.

I am embarking on my own venture by moving to a European Country (i will not state which one because of what will follow), i can really feel for you Sean and have to say that i am moving because of my own experiences living on a council estate that makes me move from a Country that i love, when i move i shall post my experiences from the trials and tribulations of my street, and this will make you wonder why in hell do people work for a living....my street is probably 200 yds long and i could have saved the Government high £xxx,xxx in false claims in one street in one part of rural Leicestershire....My missus earns less money has a teacher than her brother who pretended to have a mental illness to get a flat from the council and gain a high rate of incapacity benefit, he even received a cold winter payment ? he is 25 :confused:

"Passive Income" is the way forward. Buy whatever assets/businesses that can make you that money without having to work "for the man". You can then get your time back which is perhaps the most valuable commodity of all.

Being a "millionaire" is just a concept. Unless you take real risks with your money, it won't even lift you into a particularly comfortable lifestyle since you can probably get 2% at best off a savings account if you're looking for "safe" investments, which translates to £20,000/year. You've then got to pay tax on the interest. You won't be poor, but you certainly won't be rich!

It's all about sustainable cashflow i.e. revenue streams. For example, if you have X (whatever X is) that throws off £30K/year pretty much like clockwork, then you'll be able to afford a much more comfortable day-to-day lifestyle than the millionaire next door, even if you have little/no savings of your own. The closer the revenue streams come to being totally hands-off/automated, the more like a "millionaire lifestyle" it will feel.

Paid £14 for 1 bottle of Corona last night whilst watching the rugby, so don't move to the ME if you like your beer!

On the upside was working in a tower today opposite this:

Burj Khalifa The Worlds Tallest Building costing USD 1.5 billion to build! 2,716.5 feet tall, 160 floors+ http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/

Attachments

• 71905_10151250694570834_1235444504_n.jpg
    71905_10151250694570834_1235444504_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 126
$1.5billion - bargain!! That's less than Labour shelled out for the effing dome 14 years ago.

Paid £14 for 1 bottle of Corona last night whilst watching the rugby, so don't move to the ME if you like your beer!

On the upside was working in a tower today opposite this:

Burj Khalifa The Worlds Tallest Building costing USD 1.5 billion to build! 2,716.5 feet tall, 160 floors+ http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/

So Dubai, or not Dubai? That is the question.

all built on the proceeds of oil, not too long now before they run out and it will be back to Desert lol...nice whilst it lasted

Really interesting reading about everyone's experiences living abroad and so on.

It's something that I'll be thinking about when I'm finished college, especially with all the new taxes coming out every few months here in Ireland.

Have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of some people on here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom