Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Popular websites that have switched to .uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just noticed Yahoo.uk

With the same service address as Google of MarkMonitor International Limited

EDIT ---

gap.uk is also using that address!

Is it taking a little longer for the overseas registrations to appear, as the service address needs verification?!? I checked some of these earlier and they didn't exist, but are dated 10th June

Last edited:
Amazon.uk as well. Interesting error with the address for service:

Service address:
Amazon Europe Holding Technologies SCS
65 Boulevard G-D Charlotte, Luxembourg City, LU-1331 LU
Slough
SL1 1QP
United Kingdom

Last edited:
Jobs.uk is using the domain in a slightly different way as they've framed their main website - people still see jobs.uk in the URL bar if they type the domain in, but all links off the homepage go to pages on their "real" site. Of course, they can take their time and decide if/when to rebrand, but it's a decent enough idea for what is likely to be a high-typein generic given we're really only 48 hours in.

I have been monitoring a list of 100 super-prime generic .co.uk domains (owned by 100 different entities) and the situation looks like this:
11 .uk registered on 10 June 2014
5 .uk registered on 11 June 2014
2 .uk registered on 12 June 2014
Total: 18/100 matching .uk registered (as of a few minutes ago)

I have been monitoring a list of 100 super-prime generic .co.uk domains (owned by 100 different entities) and the situation looks like this:
11 .uk registered on 10 June 2014
5 .uk registered on 11 June 2014
2 .uk registered on 12 June 2014
Total: 18/100 matching .uk registered (as of a few minutes ago)

Is ford on your watch list, they are on the ball.

Is ford on your watch list, they are on the ball.

Ford is not a "super prime generic".

My list wasn't meant to be all-inclusive, merely modestly representative and providing another very small data point.

Interesting, thanks

I imagine it's quite hard to come up with a list of the top 100, lots of potential interchangeable candidates

You could make an argument for a lot of domains.co.uk domains being in there, they don't seem to have registered any .uk from a very brief look

Did you try for the most part to leave domainers out? because obviously if they have a large amount of domains then they're more unlikely to want to spend an extra potential xx,xxx over the new 5 years just on renewals.

Ford is not a "super prime generic".

My list wasn't meant to be all-inclusive, merely modestly representative and providing another very small data point.

Yes, skimmed your post and thought it was 100 companies, my mistake.

I haven't checked what they've done with them, but the following popular sites have all registered their .uk...
amazon.uk
argos.uk
bmw.uk
bbc.uk
ford.uk
google.uk
homebase.uk
sainsburys.uk
maplin.uk
monsoon.uk
teletextholidays.uk
classicfm.uk
tripadvisor.uk
yahoo.uk

Again this isn't a "complete" list by any means, just some I've noticed.

I haven't checked what they've done with them, but the following popular sites have all registered their .uk... [snipped your list]

The only one that works properly is the teletext one and it redirects to the matching .co.uk :)

abebooks.uk
barclays.uk
nationwide.uk

3 more major sites that have registered their equivalent .uk since earlier today (none active yet)

Anyone know the running total for .uk domain name registrations?

Anyone know the running total for .uk domain name registrations?

Nominet do but they won't be offering running commentary.

(from Note 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom