Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Possible flaw exposed before coming drops

Interestingly they've gone on those two domains now. Still on lots of others but I wonder if they're getting deleted. Maybe nominet are dealing with it the night before. Let's hope so. Will keep an eye on a load for 3rd including aag.uk and adk.uk which are currently showing that nameserver.

Last edited:
Rob, i have replicated what you said on a domain that changed from "Renewal Required" to "Suspended" at midnight... That domain still shows the bogus nameserver as being live so it appears what you have said is definitely true, although ive not had a chance to see what happens the day before the drop or the day of the drop so im only going off the curent epp response however ive emailed nominet the log and findings to hopefully add to the mix.

Code:
      <msg>Command completed successfully</msg>
          <host:name avail="0">***REMOVED***</host:name>
          <host:reason>V289 Nameserver already exists.</host:reason>

Interestingly they've gone on those two domains now.
Can this be done manually using EPP seen as though the domain is suspended now or can this only be done by nominet? Ive not tried to remove the nameservers as i picked a random domain prior to midnight so im basically saying can the culprits retract their requests given its been publicized?

Last edited:
Soooooooo, did Nominet do anything, did you even get a (non template ;)) response?

I got a response from a human. I guess they're looking into the logs. Or they went home and don't care. We'll see if the nameservers disappear today as they did yesterday.

I've not had any response yet, the ones i added to the dummy domain yesterday are still live and the domain is still in the suspended state.. i included the domain and the nameservers in the email so hopefully, they have implemented something to deactivate them at midnight prior to the drop.

Code:
<host:name avail="0">............</host:name>
<host:reason>V289 Nameserver already exists.</host:reason>

Whoever it was has created nameserver records up until drops in December.
There a few unusual ones in there that you wouldn't normally go for.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom