Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Psychometric Testing Website Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

We are interested in having a website that is focused on offering psychometric tests for Job seekers / individuals.

Personality Tests / Aptitude tests that kind of thing / variation of.

We have seen various sites providing these services, normally the job seeker may answer a sample set of multiple choice questions and get a report back in return or an extract and chance to purchase a full report for say £10 that details their personality profile - some sites include ideas of suitable jobs that may match a profile

Anyone have any experience of building anything like this?

Or does anyone know where we could get a script or even know where to start with this?.

We would consider a white label version in partnership if it could be hosted on our own servers but ideally would prefer our own site with owned source code to expand on for the future

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated - Thanks

Richard

Personality Test Website

Hi Richard,

I have never built anything of this kind but do have some experience of using the "Hogan's Personality Test" to provide suitable rankings for job candidates.

I would love to work on this project with you.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Kind Regards

Jamie Kirk

White Label

Hi

You can partner at mydiscprofile.com, have a look and then follow links, or go here to register discusonline.com

You get around £7 per sale.

Depending on what people you are looking for, there are various free sites you can use for pscych testing.

If its Sales related a simple disc test would suffice.

If you need any domains try jobtest.co.uk jobstest.co.uk disctest.co.uk only £150 each, but the owners a real unhelpful bugger :p

DomainAngel,

Thanks for that link you provided - That is exactly it - disc tests !

But i guess what i really what to do is have a site built with a few disk tests on it like the mydiskprofile itself!

White label would be OK if you got the script on your own server and you could manage the site yourself. What i dont want is just a branded affilate page on their server! Also i want the flexibility to later link this site to another where candidates report could be stored with their CV etc with the possibility of offering further services.

Ideally this needs to be own build - if the data for the reports can be secured

Cre8tive

You may well be able to help BUT im unable to know exactly what fuctionality is required or have any clue as to getting the right tests and test questions on it or how they integrate to produce the reports.

What im looking to do here is drive job seekers to it, as a facility. Those that want a report can then take the online test and do it. Later with the resulting report that the test generates they may want to add it to a CV or something else but either way the word doc/report would be their own property.

Finding where you get the tests and how they compute is half the battle i think

Richard

DiSC Personality Profiles & Distributors

It sounds to me like you want to be a DiSC Profile distributor but make sure you check out the different DiSC distributorships out there. I can think of at least 4 different "flavors" of DiSC and they are absolutely not all the same. Some of them say they have online versions of their profile but people can't see their results as soon as they finish. While the DiSC survey may be online, a rep somewhere has to compile the results and email them to the participant. This means the rep has to be available or that the rep may be you if you're the distributor. Make sure you do your homework if you want to offer these profiles.

I would also check the legalities of using psychometric tests such as DiSC as a hiring tool. While some use it as a piece of their hiring practices, it is not recommended that it be used as the sole basis for a hiring decision.

Last edited:
Zimber

Thank you for your reply, i note your comments and thank you for your input on this, you obviously know a bit about this.

Im in a situation where im involved in a number of niche job boards. Im thinking that i could set up a seperate site for this and promote it to the job seeker audience i have. The idea being that the candidate if they wanted a psychometric test result could do a "Disk Test" themselves and get a report.

They could then either add the report to their job seeker profile for potential employers / recruiters to read or NOT include if they didnt like the report findings.

Im thinking the report could be helpful in some cases, be an added service, help some candidates boost their profile and could also prove to be another revenue stream.

I need to create a site with possibly a mix of disk reports and somehow work out what mix of tests i need and how to go about it. I was thinking of getting a proper build job done on this but unless i can work out how the tests compute / what the questions are the only other option is a white label site - then its knowing which one s best?

You can see the problem i have?

Richard

DiSC Profile Distribution

It sounds like you have good ideas but I haven't seen any DiSC Profiles/Tests where people can buy them, take the profile instantaneously and get their results when finished. There are systems that work with two of the three factors but I haven't seen all three. In order to sell them you have to become a distributor. This typically means hooking up with another distributor to sponsor you. The results are provided as a PDF that you could attach to a profile, email to someone or save to your hard drive. They don't expire.

Inscape Publishing has a system where you can deliver the profile access codes online and people can see their results instantly but you still have to send the initial access code. However, they have another option where people can purchase online administrative accounts so people can distribute their own access codes. They offer quite a few variations of the DiSC Profile but they also offer others on teams, diversity, listening, learning, work expectations etc. They also have sales and management specific versions of the DiSC profile.

I hate to make a sales pitch but we've been a distributor for almost 10 years and I'm very impressed with the resources Inscape provides (marketing, research and product development). With that being said, the competition is heavy. You do need to go through another distributor in order to sell them. If you're interested just send me an email and I can talk to you more about it [email protected]. Even if you didn't partner with us I am happy to describe the process. or at least what I know about the process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom