Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RE: Not dropping again?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have my micro cheese burger can of pop and i am all set to catch again. :)

Good luck to everyone :)

Looks like it's still broke.
I'm running a test scan of twenty names and none have dropped.

Maybe Nominet should at least say what's happening.

Like I said:

.........Going by their recent form I wouldn't hold your breathe!

I'll ring them again later if nothing drops.

As a whole section of stakeholders and end users are affected by this they really do need to issue some sort of statement/explanation.....Hopefully Jay is reading this and can explain things in detail???

Grant

We have a domain affected by this (suspended and the domain was still present in the root zone) - I (thankfully) spotted this from a droplist and had the domain renewed. A week or so later on the day it was supposed to drop (or around that date, customer isn't 100% sure when it stopped working) the domain seems to have been removed from the root zone even though the renewal request has been processed. Still waiting to hear back about this one..

Not seen anything I want to catch drop this week.

Right, a more definitive answer.

All the domains that had issues were re-suspended over the past 3 days, that is all domains that should have dropped in the past and also the ones that were due to drop in the future.

There is no way of knowing from the whois which domains have been re-suspended.

So by the looks of it there wont be much dropping for quite some time!

Grant

That means virtually no drops until mid October, then things will be busy for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Have all the renewal dates been updated so the release date can be calculated or are they suspended with no way of knowing?

S

Have all the renewal dates been updated so the release date can be calculated or are they suspended with no way of knowing?

S

I doubt they would change the renewal dates as they are still the correct renewal dates.

S

There is no way of knowing, they initially suggested that the last updated date would indicate if the domain had been re-suspended or not and could possibly be used to calculate the new drop date but that turned out to be incorrect, the whois data remains unchanged.

Grant

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates Grant.

Will there really be no drops for 60 days or are only some names affected?

By the looks of it the majority of domains are affected, I only saw one drop yesterday from a list of 20-30

Grant

As I understand it, most domains suspended since 4 May are affected. Renewals have been processed but not updated on Whois.

To avoid the risk of deleting renewed domains Nominet are repeating/extending the suspended state for another 60 days. Since these domains should have dropped 11 August onwards the their new drop cycle will commence on 10 October, along with regular drops of domains being suspended now.

Domains appear to be dropping again, just noticed someone picked up a lll.co.uk

Domains appear to be dropping again, just noticed someone picked up a lll.co.uk

Very hit and miss but much better today, I caught 11 so far today but looks like lots still that wont drop.

Edit: 12 now ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom