Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Setting A records help

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it mate, leave it like that. The error you were initially getting was because you'd left the Priority field blank, the other thing I suggested was for the Mail Server Hostname field but it looks like it has completed that for you anyway.

Ahh, that's all good then, just a case of waiting for it to propogate now to see if it works properly, thanks for all the help.

In the end I had to email AWE support after the DNS still wasn't working after several days, and they replied saying the MX record wasn't working, probably due to it putting the domain name twice as in mail.urlhere.co.uk.urlhere.co.uk

With that, I deleted the DNS settings at pointhq.com as it's obviously a buggy systrem and used entrydns.net instead, it worked properly there and the whitelabel site is now approved and under construction :), I've also just added an org.uk webcam name for approval as a whitelabel, will see how it goes, thanks for the help.

One more thing I forgot to ask, when setting up the whitelabel site, there are sections where you can edit the site and add seo/tracking etc, it has these 2 fields:

Web Property Id (Google Analytics)

Google Webmaster Tool Verification Id

In the first field I entered my Google analytics tracking code, I assume that's what I'm meant to do?

I'm not sure what the 2nd field means, what's the Google Webmaster Tool Verification Id? I thought it might be one of those verification types you get after you add a new site in Google Webmaster tools section, usually I get a meta tag like this and add it to my sites to verify them:

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="29571pfk6oB6dKLOFvshOrkpKuYvwus-g2m4UhiXRcH" />

I've added that but Google is saying it can't verify it (might be bcause site isn't live yet), so I'm wondering what is the ID they are talking about that I have to add, obviously something different to the meta tag I added, any ideas?

[edit]

Just found this page:

http://reviews.gcoupon.com/view/goo...e-gXAhCT9p1awuvAeqFmPkqguURRVFFDzjXu7D7Cf67qo

On there it says Google User Verification ID: gXAhCT9p1awuvAeqFmPkqguURRVFFDzjXu7D7Cf67qo

That is 43 characters long, same as the long sequence in my meta tag example above, so I'm guessing just enter those characters rather than the full meta tag?

I've now done the same with the Analytics ID and just entered the "UA-xxxxxxx-xx" part of the Analytics code instead of the full code, assuming they insert that in the rest of the code on the whitelabel themselves.

Last edited:
My guess is it would be the bit between "" the

29571pfk6oB6dKLOFvshOrkpKuYvwus-g2m4UhiXRcH

If the sites not live google wont be able to read the code. should work once you go live

My guess is it would be the bit between "" the

29571pfk6oB6dKLOFvshOrkpKuYvwus-g2m4UhiXRcH

If the sites not live google wont be able to read the code. should work once you go live

Thanks for confirming, that's what I just did before seeing your post, see edit above, hopefully that'll do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom