Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

So here's how not to do it (part 1563)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Got an email today asking me if i was interested in buying xxxxxx.com as I have getxxxxxx.com - as it happens I quite liked the domain. Was about to engage the seller when I thought I'd have a look at the domain and if there was a BIN on it.

Turns out it was a GoDaddy dropping auction page and the auction was finishing a couple of hours later. I won the auction at a price I was happy with. If the muppet hadn't alerted me to it and try to sell it on to me after he had secured, he might have had a good sale :)

Yeah i get quite alot of those, mass mailing hoping they get a bite, if they do they purchase/win the auction and make a little profit. Seen people do it with FTR domains too............people must think that no one does research first..........but to be fair for them to continue to do it they must catch some people.

I've had quite a few of the FTR ones over the years. I always make out I'm interested to see if they reg it before telling them :D Unless I want the domain of course, then I just reg it. But I never want the domain.

I've not had any of those appraisal ones for a bit where they make out they want to buy your site / domain but you have to get it appraised via some service they recommend :D

I'm gonna wait until it's transferred then offer him £10,000 for it....see if he buys it off me for for £5000 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom