Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Steven Laidlaw AKA sofasteve on DL

Sadly when DL fails Denys is as much use as a chocolate teapot and you quickly realise there is nothing binding in any aspect of the system and you are on your own. When I asked for assistance with a seller who decided not to give me a domain I won he told me to leave DL.

I have to say Denys was very polite and helpful in my experience

What could he do beyond banning people who don't complete deals?

If you legally wanted to chase things up wouldn't that be on your own discretion

@Murray He could have done what he says he will do in such cases.

If you find yourself in a situation where you and another member are at a disagreement, contact us. While we cannot promise a satisfactory resolution, we will try to contact both parties and help mediate the situation. Any illegal activities, violation of a contract, or outright statements of falsehood should be reported to us immediately. The DomainLore staff will cooperate with any law enforcement agencies if needed, and will at the least terminate the offender's membership.

Sadly when DL fails Denys is as much use as a chocolate teapot and you quickly realise there is nothing binding in any aspect of the system and you are on your own. When I asked for assistance with a seller who decided not to give me a domain I won he told me to leave DL. He's a complete muppet.

Denys could have at least checked the whois for the guys address, got in his car, drove half way across the country and roughed the guy up a little :)

I think after overseeing thousands of transactions and after years of operating his platform he would have been able to say 'something' about the next steps I could take, offer some mediation to resolve the issue (which he says he will do)...he did nothing and became rude. I will never go anywhere near the place again on principle.

I think after overseeing thousands of transactions and after years of operating his platform he would have been able to say 'something' about the next steps I could take, offer some mediation to resolve the issue (which he says he will do)...he did nothing and became rude. I will never go anywhere near the place again on principle.
Might just be you ;) Had no problems getting assistance from Denys when required.

I thought that until I got private messages here today from other members confirming its not just me. One prominent member here said that Denys was the rudest, most obnoxious and arrogant individual he had spoken to. Another member pointed out this nasty situation which happened to Dragon

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/oyster.65758/

Denys is "retired_member9"

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom