Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK vs US - Sales Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've recently been thinking of the way the UK and the US target and build their sales pages - compared to the UK.

Generally the US sites have ridiculously long sales pages with more text than you can read in a week with profiles, reviews and more bonuses than when Brucie did PYCR

Then in the UK we're more reserved and often scoff at the audacity of our US counterparts and simplify everything in a nice neat structure - generally all in a one page view if we can help it.

Are we that different to our neighbors over the pond? Are we just more untrusting and suspicious of everyone? Do these work in the US (I've just seen a long sales page on SEOMoz which sparked my curiosity) - or do these not work on the US as we all assume wouldn't work in the UK? Are we all missing a trick and the yanks were right all along?

Interested to hear anyone's thoughts whether good or bad, and any experiences you've been through

I think it's a cultural thing. Look at the difference in TV ads - even UK vs. US infomercials.

The more money the product is supposed to make you the longer the sales page it seems! I click away as soon as I see pictures of ferraris and tropical islands, it obviously works in Yank land though.

They remind me of those get rich quick schemes that used to come through the post before the days of the internet.

Grant

For me it’s down to the yanks wanting to believe in something…? Empty cultural vessels ,sense of belonging, not breast feed etc More you write the more they want believe? Same reason religion, get rich quick schemes etc all seem to thrive there …?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom