Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Using Transpact for sale of .co.uk domain

Reaction score
Hi,
I have never sold a domain before. I am trying to put together some conditions that will allow myself and the purchaser to agree terms using the escrow services transpact. However, I don't understand enough about the process to work out what conditions to stipulate to Transpact that will give both the vendor and the purchaser peace of mind.

For instance, the obvious thing to do is to say that the deal has concluded when the registrant entry on the whois has been changed from it's current (as I'm not sure what the purchaser will choose to enter there). But this triggers the following questions:

- How long does the WHOIS take to update?
- If I click transfer registrant on the nominet website I am asked for the email address of the new registrant. Will this email address be used as the registrant

How else would a third party (ie Transpact) be able to confirm that the deal has concluded and that it is OK to release the money.

As you can see, I'm floundering somewhat. Any help is more than appreciated!
Crom

How long does the WHOIS take to update?
- Usually Immediate.

If I click transfer registrant on the ominet website I am asked for the email address of the new registrant. Will this email address be used as the registrant
- The buyer can complete with any email address but most of the time, the same email address is used.

How else would a third party (ie Transpact) be able to confirm that the deal has concluded and that it is OK to release the money.
- Your buyer will have to instruct Transpact to release the funds to you

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom