Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Wanted: Domain Wanted – .co.uk domain for new property company

Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Posts
260
Reaction score
14
I’m looking for a good .co.uk domain to use for a new property company, and I’m quite happy to reverse-engineer the company name around the right domain rather than starting with a fixed company name.

A few pointers on what I’m looking for:

  • .co.uk is essential. If the matching .uk is available as part of the package, that would be a bonus, but it isn’t a prerequisite.
  • Easy to say, hear and spell is very important. I want to be able to give someone an email address over the phone without having to constantly spell or explain the domain.
  • My partner particularly likes Willow, so names incorporating it may be worth considering. We’re especially interested in two simple words combined into a natural-sounding name, such as Willow Bank, Willow tree or similar combinations.
  • We also like tree, woodland, countryside and landscape-based words, but that’s only a loose preference rather than a requirement.
  • Short, memorable and pronounceable is attractive. The two words should work well together, sound like a credible company name and be straightforward to use when logging into various websites.
  • I’m open to combinations with a subtle property or place-related feel, but they don’t have to contain words such as property, homes or land.
Once I have a shortlist, I’ll also be checking Companies House availability. Ideally, the core name will work either on its own or with something sensible added, such as Ltd, Limited or Property.

As an example of the sort of feel I like, Oakfield appealed to me when it came up recently on here/DomainLore, but after looking into it, it’s simply too heavily used as an existing company name, especially in the property sector.

Budget is up to £200 for the domain. I could potentially stretch a little further if someone genuinely has something that looks like a particularly good fit. Please don't take this as an invitation to send random domains that don't match the brief.

I’m not expecting amazing premium names at that budget, but I would rather see a handful of well-targeted suggestions than a long list of domains thrown at me in the hope that something sticks.

Happy to consider names or ideas I haven’t thought of, provided they’re easy to say, easy to spell and would make a credible company/email identity.

Thanks in advance.
 
Top Bottom