Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

We're Crowdfunding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Some of you may know that I'm involved in a cocktail business, Invest in TASTEcocktails which sell cocktail kits which have everything you need to make bar quality cocktails at home on a subscription basis as well as individually ( great presents ;) )

Our crowd funding campaign is now, invest from just £10 TASTEcocktails - Invest page for more info :)

NEW UPDATE: It's done, we hit 150% of our target raising £90k :D

Still want to buy someone a gift this year? Give them a TASTEcocktails Gift Card

We've got big plans to shake up the home drinking industry :p so come join in

Edit: Here's our crowd funding video if you don't have a CrowdCube accounr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7ALFA_eGw

Cheers
Max

Last edited:
Spoke with you about this; very best of luck with it Max.

I looked at shaken when they did their raise recently. How will you differentiate the offer?

I think it's a good model but there's probably going to be a scramble of competition and then one or two will make it, hard to know which...

I looked at shaken when they did their raise recently. How will you differentiate the offer?

I think it's a good model but there's probably goin
Wg to be a scramble of competition and then one or two will make it, hard to know which...

Hi,

We differentiate in a number of ways, we sell nearly all of our kits individually as well as in a subscription, we also focus on working with brands to get their brand not only tasted by customers but known via our site/social media profiles.

We're a smaller team and had a tiny amount of investment in comparison to shaken but we're doing more sales, in more highstreet stores, have bigger audiences and tripled our sales in recent months.

We've got some exciting marketing channels that we'll be looking to switch on with investment and some great ideas for future product offerings.

Happy to drop you the business plan if you're interested.

Cheers
Max

Looks interesting, but looking closer at the 'What 'do you get, if you invest?' bit, I'm not sure if I'm entirely clear about what the exact difference of share ownership is at different levels of investment?

You seem to be doing a lot of work but you not a director.

One other thing the site although quite nice is slow as a dog to navigate I couldn't place an order as it timed out - is it dedicated, a quick reverse IP shows over 300 other sites hosted, I might be wrong.

Looks interesting, but looking closer at the 'What 'do you get, if you invest?' bit, I'm not sure if I'm entirely clear about what the exact difference of share ownership is at different levels of investment?

That was the bit I was a unclear about, although I'm sure it will become clearer when it goes on CrowdCube. It was the "Over £5,000 gets you invited to an exclusive team dinner and drinks!" that I thought was a bit strange. I'd want a bit more than that for £5k.

Interesting product and I wish you the best of British with it.

That was the bit I was a unclear about, although I'm sure it will become clearer when it goes on CrowdCube. It was the "Over £5,000 gets you invited to an exclusive team dinner and drinks!" that I thought was a bit strange. I'd want a bit more than that for £5k.

Interesting product and I wish you the best of British with it.

Hi,

Yeah it's more clear in the business plan and once crowdcube is setup and goes live it'll all be very clear.

With the investment you'll get a % of the business as well as stuff like the exclusive dinner, drinks etc.

As for the speed, we are looking to move it to a dedicated server soon, we've just had so much on with other things that's what investment will help us to do.

Feel free to email us with any other questions or to clear up anything else :)

Thanks
Max

I don't want to should like a troll here but if I were an investor that new anything about IT, domains, web development etc and you had a 'serious' e-commerce site running on a shared hosting plan that didn't work properly but for about £45pm you have it on a fasthosts VPS or (whatever half decent host you like) you don't need investment for that at this stage surely? I'm not saying this doesn't make what you have a good business but might ring alarm bells.

Out of interest can you give a ball park of what the business turned over to date and net profit + maybe a 3 year expected forecast.

Hi,

Yeah it's more clear in the business plan and once crowdcube is setup and goes live it'll all be very clear.

With the investment you'll get a % of the business as well as stuff like the exclusive dinner, drinks etc.

As for the speed, we are looking to move it to a dedicated server soon, we've just had so much on with other things that's what investment will help us to do.

Feel free to email us with any other questions or to clear up anything else :)

Thanks
Max

I don't want to should like a troll here but if I were an investor that new anything about IT, domains, web development etc and you had a 'serious' e-commerce site running on a shared hosting plan that didn't work properly but for about £45pm you have it on a fasthosts VPS or (whatever half decent host you like) you don't need investment for that at this stage surely? I'm not saying this doesn't make what you have a good business but might ring alarm bells.

Out of interest can you give a ball park of what the business turned over to date and net profit + maybe a 3 year expected forecast.

We are in the process of sorting the hosting out as we speak, it's been running fine in terms of speed most of the time but has become slow in the last few weeks hence the sorting it out.

If you let me know your email I can drop you the info you're requesting.

Just quick update, we've at 29% funded in just over 48 hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom