Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Weycrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else use weycrest ? They are the worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with. Without making this a 1000 line rant....They offer the most useless support ever which they have topped today.

I was already in the process of moving all my sites from them and had 1 to go. Today I noticed my site didn't look right and my db was knackered. Turns out someone had hacked it and put an iframe in the header of the home page and my site was no longer page 1 of google but in the depths and had a "this site may harm your computer" link on the index.

I contact weycrest to let them know and the response I got was
"News to me, and thats the only site on that server thats been hacked. Anyway you only have one site left and the account expires shortly I believe."

What a bunch of cowboys!

Anyone know where to start on finding how they got in?
the iframe had this url http://gianttopnano.cn:8080/index.ph
don't goto!

thanks i've asked to be reconsidered but no idea if i'll go back to page 1. Also would like to find out how they got in so i can close the hole. unfortunately mini me on support can't be arsed to support.

advice: get off the host asap

google / reconsiderations can/could be assessed quickly... ie before your hosts can even sort the problem...

You are after 'forensic proof' how your server/system/blog/cms/website/host got hacked?

If your hosts respond with 'err' ... GET RID

---

use krystal!

Last edited:
I have been on Weycrest for years, no problems at all reported that have not been resolved asap.

Cant fault them tbh.

Never used weycrest for hosting however I used them to reg a domain once and it took over 12 hours :rolleyes:

Never used weycrest for hosting however I used them to reg a domain once and it took over 12 hours :rolleyes:

They are not a domain registration company though! They will hand reg a domain to go alongside your hosting, nothing more.

And that takes 12 hours? I think you've been lucky if you've had no problems. I get the impression it's a team of one but I'm sure the knob who responds to my support emails isn't the same guy who used to post on here? perhaps he sold up to this amateur?.

I have been unable to get a response from Weycrest about a serious service issue. Their ticket sytem does not work for us, twice I tried email to [email protected], with no reply.

If anyone has working contact details a PM would be welcome.

Worst host i've ever used. The support is second to none (being shite that is).

Someone from there posts quite regularly on nom-steer.

Still trying to regain access to an account ...

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue

The date of the message is: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:52:31 +0100

The addresses to which the message has not yet been delivered are:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Also tried fax but no response.

Perhaps a letter to Paul Lee (Director) or Alan Roberts (Company secretary) at home would elicit a reply.

Weycrest Helpdesk
Existing Customers should log in here and raise a ticket or log into the hosting control panel (Plesk) and use the helpdesk facility

Alternatively email support [at] weycrest.com

Weycrest Helpdesk
Existing Customers should log in here and raise a ticket or log into the hosting control panel (Plesk) and use the helpdesk facility

Alternatively email support [at] weycrest.com

Hardly a surprise, email to [email protected] received no reply. It seems that previous delayed emails were also delivered, and probably deleted since no reply.

Weycrest website and services look professional but their support has fallen way below an acceptable standard.

Weycrest website and services look professional but their support has fallen way below an acceptable standard.

Really? Looks like a dog to me, a throwback from the late 90's.

From what that guy posts on Nomsteer, its enough to make me stay well clear of that outfit.

The support guy is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike imho. Glad to say I transferred all my sites away from weycrest.

I can recommend weycrest..

They are not perfect, but any issue i've had they have resolved it very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom