Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What's the best timing for Domainlore sales of .co.uk and .uk domains (separately)?

Which domain name sale would you have end FIRST on DomainLore?

• The .co.uk form of the domain

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • The .uk form of the domain

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • End both the .co.uk and the .uk forms at the same time

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you have any thoughts on what's the best timing to sell matching .co.uk and .uk domains separately on DomainLore?

(Please assume we're talking about really top-notch domains, if that helps.)

Would you have the .uk end first? The .co.uk? Or end them both at the same time. All feedback welcome, especially if based on experience. Thanks!

My feeling is I don't want to be stranded with the .uk, bought at maybe a high price, if someone else then goes on to get the matching.co.uk... whereas I think being stranded with the .co.uk and losing out on the .uk would be a lesser hit, even if still very frustrating.

My feeling is I don't want to be stranded with the .uk, bought at maybe a high price, if someone else then goes on to get the matching.co.uk... whereas I think being stranded with the .co.uk and losing out on the .uk would be a lesser hit, even if still very frustrating.

Exactly that plus the OPTION of bidding for .uk if the co.uk went for too high a price.

One option auction sites might consider is to allow you to list the .co.uk with a message saying winning bidder will be given first option to buy .uk at same price or X% discount of sales price.

I wouldn't auction them at the same time as to compete with each other for bids

I would list one, sell it, then sell the other one whenever

If you're selling a .CO.UK domain on DomainLore and you have the .UK, DomainLore assumes you're selling the .UK with it, does it not?

Either way, I would sell them at the same time. A buyer may be more interested in purchasing if they see they are both available

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom