• Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Where Sedo draws the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm

Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Posts
761
Reaction score
13
I won a domain at Sedo auction on the 17th of April and submitted payment via escrow immediately. Still no sign of a push despite several messages I've sent via the transfer centre.

The only non-preset response I've had is:
I asked the seller to start the transfer on wednesday 22 april, if you did not receive an email from Nominet at your email address: _______________ then i guess he did not answer to my request.
He did tell me he is on holidays for 2 weeks from April 23rd onwards so if he didn't start we will have to wait until he returns

Will there be a point when Sedo refund me if the seller doesn't push? The seller is Dark Hat Media B.V. Anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers,
Dave
 
Thank you for your response Joanna. I've read the appropriate documents and from what I can gather it means that he has breached the contract. I'm just wondering what happens from here, obviously we'd rather have the domain in question but does this mean we'll get our money back at our discretion?
 
I'm just wondering what happens from here, obviously we'd rather have the domain in question but does this mean we'll get our money back at our discretion?

It certainly should do - that's the whole point of Sedo's escrow service. No domain = no deal, therefore money back.
 
The transfer agent will do their best to hurry the domain push along.

If you do not however receive the domain due to unforeseen circumstances then we will of course refund you.
 
The transfer agent will do their best to hurry the domain push along.

If you do not however receive the domain due to unforeseen circumstances then we will of course refund you.

Still no news of refund (or domain, although I think I've had it with waiting!) despite me having asked for a refund via the transfer agent on the 18th May. I've asked again today.

Auction ended and payment was submitted on the 17th April!

:-)

Regards
 
Ask them to send you the contractual terms and conditions of the sale, for forwarding to your lawyer, that worked for me recently.

Admin

I certainly will do if they don't sort out a refund soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom