Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Flippa Escrow Advice

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I sold a website on Flippa 10 days ago for a decent amount (£10k+) buyer and I both agreed to go via Flippa Escrow.

From the outset buyer was great, swift payment into Escrow and he had all the assets pretty much by the end of the 2nd day

Since then I've been chatting to him almost everyday with any questions etc he has. All in all it has been a straight forward transfer thus far.

Yesterday I got a snotty email saying he wasn't quite happy with the site one issue was the speed (he has killed the site with tonnes of useless plugins which I've now resolved) and another to do with CRON jobs needing to be added by someone 'techy' - I promptly sent him a link to a free online server where you can setup cron jobs which will work perfectly with the site. Just seems like he's making up any excuse in the book to delay the payment.

Obviously the buyer has everything he needs to run the site, the domain, social accounts, source code, affiliate accounts, chrome extension that I created but I've heard horror stories with flippa that despite this the buyer somehow ends up getting a refund. He still hasn't released the payment from Flippa Escrow and it's been over a week now.

It's not a small amount of money for me and I've done absolutely everything possible to give him 110% of my time throughout the transfer.

Any advice would be appreciated, is there a chance I could somehow get screwed over? What's the best way to ask him to release the payment?

Keep records of everything, you've sold him the site as seen so if he's started adding and changing things which is causing the problem make sure you keep everything in writing to show flippa. I've not done business on flippa for years since they tried to charge me commission for a 30k sale ( which ended unsuccessfully on flippa and I then sold it a week later privately, apparently they keep an eye on whois changes after unsuccessful sales ), but I've horror stories with people doing a "try before you buy" type escrow.....

Escrow is designed for safe transit of assets, I personally wouldnt sell a thing based on whether someone likes what they see once they've had a play with it for a week, if all the info is in the listing and it earns what you've said it does then the escrow should have been escalated to flippa and released as soon as you have proof of change of ownership.

Goto flippa first and air your concerns, show them everything you've done above and beyond the call of duty.

Keep records of everything, you've sold him the site as seen so if he's started adding and changing things which is causing the problem make sure you keep everything in writing to show flippa. I've not done business on flippa for years since they tried to charge me commission for a 30k sale ( which ended unsuccessfully on flippa and I then sold it a week later privately, apparently they keep an eye on whois changes after unsuccessful sales ), but I've horror stories with people doing a "try before you buy" type escrow.....

Escrow is designed for safe transit of assets, I personally wouldnt sell a thing based on whether someone likes what they see once they've had a play with it for a week, if all the info is in the listing and it earns what you've said it does then the escrow should have been escalated to flippa and released as soon as you have proof of change of ownership.

Goto flippa first and air your concerns, show them everything you've done above and beyond the call of duty.

Thanks for this, everything is documented via Flippa PM which is very helpful so the support can see what conversations have taken place.

I've got screenshots and confirmation of him recieving each asset too, that along with my 100% feedback over 3 years should hopefully be enough. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom